RC Qualifier
    i got another set for mine to check out my ken block page

RC Racer
    BLKMRKT do you have a link to the wheels/tires? thank you
    MERV

RC Racer
    Hey Jonas
    They are the Team Associated #2407 wheels and tires (pre-mounted)...I wouldn't really recommend them though because all 4 of my wheels already cracked from some minor bumps to the curb. I really didn't abuse them too hard and I have more crazy glue on the wheels then the actual material. They look good though! I am actually using them because I wanted more thread on the tires then the KB slicks...for now.

RC Racer
    thank you BLKMRKT
    MERV

RC Enthusiast
    If you are looking for a set of sticky tires mounted on rims, Muchmore has a set called Absolute 26mm. I got a set a couple days ago and I think they are a good balance of 75% race tire and still 25% drift tire. They cost $30 at hobbytown. They aren't very pretty, just a white disk center. But considering how well they grip and how much your going to be chewing up the edge from rolling, its a good idea to use these till you get used to not drifting this thing. It is a absolute rocket with these tires and 2 stock batteries. Runs cooler too. I will post pics later. Fyi, If you really like your kb body, do not use it when switching to sticky tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismomike View Post
    Fyi, If you really like your kb body, do not use it when switching to sticky tires.
    This is the reason I am switching back to the stock tires. I just don't like the way this car is driving with the HPI X-Patterns... It also caused me to crack my rear shock damper tower.

RC Enthusiast
    @Rcolicab, I just mounted a set of x pattern on stock fiesta wheels. Was hoping to have better results, but it looks like this car has too high cog to be anything but what it was supposed to be in the first place. On the bright side, now that Ive switched back to stock, its much easier to manage and control at high speeds now that I experienced it on sticky tires. I am still trying dif suspension setups and springs. Trying the merv springs now to eliminate droop but retain travle for uneven pavement. Decent results so far.

RC Enthusiast
    Does anyone have suspension recommendations for soft compound tires i.e. Toe in/out, camber, spring tension. Messurements would be great. Not just the normal 1.5 and 2% comments please, I would like to hear exact details. I run 2 batteries and x patterns.

RC Qualifier
    +1... and how do folks set toe when there's a good couple degrees of slop in the various joints? Right now I'm just working with the average of resting angle and the extreme in/out...

RC Enthusiast
    i have aluminum toe links and rpm knuckles with very little slop and have no problem.
    Any body RC in the south fl area?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by new2drift View Post
    i have aluminum toe links and rpm knuckles with very little slop and have no problem.
    Which toe links are you running?

I've got fresh Traxxas rods with steel balls into snug RPM hubs, bearings on the steering arm and an aluminum steering post. Maybe the standard Traxxas rods just aren't that precise (or there's some hollow-ball installation technique other than just snapping them in)...

Some of the play is between the wheels and the hubs. The hex backs up against the pins but still leaves a little space between it and the inner race of the wheel bearing... working on that now.

RC Enthusiast
    i have the same set up with rpms to get rid of the slop in the rear end i tightend down the bearing caps that the rpms come with and dont have mutch play in them i have the plastic balls for the toe links tho.

the only slop i have is on the wheels when it conects to the bolt on the shaft but that is very little

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by new2drift View Post
    i have the same set up
    Sorry, meant I'm currently running a fresh set of the standard red plastic Traxxas rods... are you using their aluminum set? Curious whether HR, Traxxas, or the others have 'tighter' slop-less ends.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm using the aluminum ones they are like 32 dollars at most hobby shops but they are pretty tight also I tightened up the rear springs so there is less bounce