Thread: Waterproof ?

RC Racer

Waterproof ?

Well so far so good lol , good job Traxxas !!!!!!

Figured this is about 4lbs extra weight added yet still it refuses to bog down. Gotta love brushless / Lipo power !!!

The lil guy's mini is holding up great also !!!

Defrosting stage ........

Running on Visa

RC Enthusiast
    What is the ideal way to "clean" the car after every use? I generally just drip dry it upside down, use a compressor to blow away the water and then use AMSOIL on every third or fourth cleaning. The only down side is the AMSOIL should NOT be used to cover the motor. I tried that and the sparks flew like crazy on the following run.

RC poster
    the pic with them all together looks soo cute!! i love!
    Huge RUSTLER FAN OVER HERE! XD XD

RC Qualifier
    all your missing is a mini e-revo
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Racer
    Ha ! the mini Revo is shelfed right now , had to swap out the ESC into the Summit so the Summit's could go in for warranty. As far as cleaning it off , what you see is all I do. I used to get all hi-tech with the compresser & WD-40 but a couple times I just didnt have the time so I just left it in front of the fire. The stove throws off so much dry heat it dries them off within an hour or less completly. The moisture is gone and nothing has rusted or given me any problems doing it this way. I swear the humidty in the air during the summer is more of an issue after you get them wet due to the fact they never really get a chance to dry out totally. The other thing is thats really hard to see is all the "electronic" gear has a thin layer of flexible rubber type stuff over them , servo arms and all. It takes awhile to do but it well worth it and it can be peeled off later on if need be. Thats the trick in itself to make them "waterproof" 100%.
    Running on Visa

RC Qualifier
    Wow I finally got to see, a " mini me summit" next to a big summit. dang that thing is tiny. I think a rock crusher would hide it

cool Pics, thanks for sharin.

BTW isnt that a Momba monster ESC under that Shave ICE ?

RC Racer
    Sure is a MMM under there. Same set up in the E-Revo also .... so far two seasons of snow bashing and the ESC's are working fine in both. The Revo's is in the stock location and ends up completly covered with a mound over it. I fried 2 MMM's trying to wrap them and box them in untill I tried the method I do now.
    Running on Visa

RC Enthusiast
    And what method is that? I just tried waterproofing a friends brushless emax and could use some pointers