RC Enthusiast

mini erevo brushless vs mini summit brushless

Whats the difference between a 1/16 brushless esummit and 1/16 brushless erevo? What are the real speed differences? I am thinking of getting a mini e revo or summit but am just not sure which is the better way to go. I dont want to have to put the batteries into series to keep up with my buddies who all have the brushless mine erevo.

Physically the differences are, tire size, gearing, Summit has long travel rockers raising increasing suspension travel and long wheel base rear suspension arms. Also the fluids in the diff and shocks are heavier. These are basically tuning options making the Summit lend itself to better trail or semi rock crawling type performance

Straight line speed performance the Revo probably has a slight edge right out of the box but you could easily tune the Summit to lend itself to more speed performance than trail performance making the difference non existent .
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    According to Traxxas, out of the box:

1/16 Revo VXL: 30+ mph single battery; 50+ mph with dual batteries in series.
    1/16 Summit VXL: 25+ mph single battery; 40+ mph with dual batteries in series.

When running with your buddies, with equal setups the Revo will be faster and more stable on-road. Find out if they are running dual batteries in series (faster), single battery (slower), or dual batteries in parallel (double run time, but slower).

The Summit has the advantage when it comes to off roading. It can go places that the Revo's would get stuck or have more difficulty with, such as tall grass or rocky terrain.

Ultimately, your decision to purchase should be based upon WHERE you intend to drive it. If its with your friends frequently, you may be happier being on equal platforms. Another thing to consider is the driver. A good driver can outperform a bad driver any day.

RC Enthusiast
    Bought the mini summit today and hung out with the mini revos all afternoon. The speed difference is minimal and the summit really handled our bashing as well or slightly better than the revos.

One thing i have noticed is that the brake seems to come on easily while I am still moving forward slowly and I accelerate again, almost as if I had been going in reverse and hit forward to brake but it never went in reverse. I found some comments on this online and it seems common with these trucks.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-31-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    I've noticed the same thing! Can't quite make up my mind if this is a problem or not. It's like you are moving slow, then let go of the throttle then reapply it and suddenly it comes to a halt. As soon as you release and try again it is good.

I put off getting a mini-Revo for year, and ended up buying a Summit VXL for the versatility. Very happy! This little beast is well suited for my stomping grounds.

RC Racer
    I da know.. There are so many little differences.... like these drive yokes.

E-Revo
    [IMG][/IMG]

Summit
    [IMG][/IMG]
    \\///
    Oo
    /
    Spike 553

RC poster
    Most is there tire size. also summit can climb rocks fast and easy. also revo has more speed about 50mp summit 40mp. I think the summit is better for hard land and rocky areas more then revo. revo is more like the flat land more of a think but both have great quality in each of there own way! XD
    Huge RUSTLER FAN OVER HERE! XD XD

RC Enthusiast
    I cant be happier I got the summit over the revo, it really shines compared to the revo in any ara other than flat ground. I have read a lot of threads on the sudden braking at low speeds and it seems to be common with this truck. Some think it is in the throttle trim settings and some think it is a bad esc. Im not sure what to think, I know I dont want to take apart my brand new truck unless it is really an esc problem. Im gonig to keep bashing it for now and see what happens.

RC poster
    Hi guys,can any of you please help me out.Ordered a vxl-3s cooler fan,but realised I have a vxl-3m.Is there any way I can make this work and how?
    Mini e-revo VXL 1\16