RC Qualifier

Thinking about aluminum..but $$$

So I've heard ups and downs about aluminum caster blocks/carriers etc. Besides the price point. So Should I or Shouldn't I? I got 100 bucks in gift cards to my LHS Thinking about toughening up the 4x4 pede. Normally I never replace anything until it breaks but my ride is out of commision while the esc is in the shop so I need some projects. Let me know your favorite Beefy upgrades. I'm thinking alum carriers, etc and some better axle/drive shafts maybe?
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I went on e-bay and bought a full set of aluminum castors and carriers from a Platinum 4X4 Slash for like $50. That was a great deal. I bet youd pay almost double that if you bought them from an LHS. I also got the bearings included.

I dont think youll be buying better shafts for $100. They are typically about $60 a set. Go with the castors and carriers OR a new set of wheels and tires. If your lucky you could probably do both. If you have to buy from your LHS you could also look at some RPM arms and/or shock towers... great upgrades.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Hey Surfer.. I just got these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160521758811 Now It looks like there is a bigger angle off the carrier to connect the servo turbuckle to and I'll possibly need some longer hardware w/ stop nuts for the caster adjustment. Hope I saved some coin cause I had to use my $$$.. Still got that Hundo for the LHS though! Almost thinking about a spare ESC.. I can only go velineon.. Waterproof is too vital to my bashing technique.
    Last edited by beetroot72; 12-29-2010 at 04:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    One of the best aluminum hop ups for satmpede are the King Headz motor mount with big bearing 35$, the second best hop ups are the cvd drive shaft personnally i have order the tekno rc slash 4x4 M6 drive shaft for 84$ front and rear.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

Those are exactly the parts I bought. You can literally unbolt your plastic parts and bolt on the aluminum parts and adjust nothing. They are exactly the same as the stock plastic.

The king headz mount is also a really really nice piece. Its SOOO expensive but I believe the larger bearing is a good idea. Also, the traxxas bearing adapter is a great upgrade part. Not too expensive. Now that you have the carriers and stuff, maybe some wheels, tires and the bearing adapter would be good purchases at the LHS.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The king headz mount is also a really really nice piece. Its SOOO expensive but I believe the larger bearing is a good idea. Also, the traxxas bearing adapter is a great upgrade part. Not too expensive. Now that you have the carriers and stuff, maybe some wheels, tires and the bearing adapter would be good purchases at the LHS.
    Ya mean this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360330287719
    Or is this good enough http://www.toadztoyz.com/TRAXXAS/SLA...-p9210878.html
    I have lotsa wheels..rigged 2 sets of some used talons w/ chains also have some smaller kumho road venture's.. I am thinking about another set come spring but that can w8
    Everyone's talking bout a better bumper/skid pl8 but are they refering to the 2x4? Cause the 4x4 w/ the shock guards seem beefy. What's the slash's rpm bumper like?
    What's that Optional Center Diff I see in the parts catalog?

Those are the parts I installed. I used both of them. I also used a slash 4X4 RPM front bumper. But I lowered it about 1/2 inch (down 1 set of holes) as it sat up really high and stuck out really far at its stock settings. Ive been told by those who know more than me to avoid the centre diff unless your racing. Apparently it kills wheelies (which i think are fun) and makes the truck a less capable basher.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ