Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Some news?????????

RC Champion
    I have to say that looks amazing I don't even own a boat but this makes me want one lol

RC Enthusiast
    Well after a long time of off and on work on the spartan trailer it is finally done. not nearly as clean and perfect as djmaincheese but it does the job. here are some pics that i took at the lake last week. enjoy.

Last edited by Matco; 08-15-2012 at 10:14 PM.

RC Qualifier
    How did you mount the aluminium (welded????) and where did you get your stock?

RC Enthusiast
    I used JB weld and self tapping sheet metal screws. All the parts i bought at my local B&B hardware store

RC Champion
    Can't wait to make my own once I get a TIG welder. Migs are just no good at small stuff like this.

RC Qualifier
    Can you send some pic under the trailer?

RC poster
    Please take the time to read the rules. This is not allowed.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-13-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: content

RC Competitor
    Nice trailers guys, i'm looking to get a Spartan to tow behind my Summit LT (and run in the many lakes around my way). May i ask how you guys are mounting your wheels/axles? Pics would be great.

Thanks,

Wayne

RC Qualifier
    I have an idea on how to install the axle wheels, but I didn't yet started my build, pictures is more explainable than words.
    Here is one of the image from the forum
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion

The simplest way to mount the axle is to use threaded rod from home depot, I cant remember the actual size but it has red paint on the ends, I believe its 8/32 because the nuts I use fit on there perfectly and they are 8/32 lock nuts, you can find them in the hardware section next to all the aluminum you will be using.

Drill holes through all 3 pieces of aluminum once the frame has been put together. The best way to make sure the holes line up and the axle will be straight is to use one of these long drill bits. Your trailer frame should only be about 9.5" wide to give it a clean look level with the bottom of the boat..

This bit is almost 12" long and is 3/16 thick, perfect size for the threaded axle with very little wiggle room

If you are using traxxas wheels then get a few washers to sit against the frame and a regular 12mm plastic hex to mount the wheel onto. I used 8/32 lock nuts to secure the wheels to the axle.

Hope this helps

RC Enthusiast
    Took the spartan to the river for memorial day, heres a pic of the real boat and the mini boat lol
    sadly my dog got ahold on my trailer and messed a few things up so i will be building a new updated version and may even do a triple axle one to make it more scale. [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Nice!!!! Did you run it on the river?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    If you were to sell the trailer what's a rough estimate you would sell it for?