Thread: New Shoes

RC Enthusiast

New Shoes

Put some 30 Series Badlands on today. What a difference on our indoor track and very different in the snow. The stock talons floated in the snow a lot better and didn't get stuck very easy. This was primarily because they were wider and had very little tread. The Badlands smoke through the snow as long as you stay on the throttle but will not float so if you get off it, they will get stuck. But, omg what a cool rooster tail they throw.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Post up some pics!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This is worthless without pics !!!! we want to see it !!!

RC Enthusiast

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks good, like it better than stock tires.

RC Racer
    Hmmm. I didn't know that 30 series badlands would fit on the stock rims!
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Enthusiast
    Yep, take a slow and careful approach to glueing them up. Clean the beads with one of the Nitro cleaners, massage the tire to ensure the foam is well centered, use a small flat tip screwdriver to press the bead into the groove on the wheel. use a thin CA and rubber band each side of the tire. Takes about 20 mins a side to get it right.

RC Qualifier
    so did you buy a new set of rims to put these on? or take off the talons? I thought it would be a mess take off older glued tires from the rims?

RC Enthusiast
    They are new. It is actually an embarrassing story. I like the stock black chrome look and I had a spare new set for my 2X4. I received a $100.00 gift card for amazon from my office so I used it on a set of Pro-Line 2.2 TSLs and a set of 30 series Badlands. I was so stoked to get this thing going, I glued them up on the spare wheels without any leg work to see if they would work. When my 4X4 came in, it was immediately obvious that I was screwed, so I ordered another pair of tires and the right pair of wheels. So if anyone needs them, I have a spare set of Black Chrome wheels and 30 Badlands for the front of a 2X2 Pede.

And yes, removing old tires is a bit*h, I just did it with a set of Trail Doctor XLs and it was no fun. I tried the boiling method. Next time, I will try the backing method.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Youll find the stock rims tend to crack very easily when used with badlands tires. I was doing this frequently last summer and had nothing but trouble with the rims cracking. I think its because with the talons, the tire overhangs the outer edge of the rim, whereas with the badlands the outer edge of the rim is flush with the edge of the tire. When you land sideways or roll the rim ends up hitting the ground.

I gave up and started using proper 30 series torque rims and have noticed the rims are extremely beat up on the outer edge but they have never cracked. As a side note, ive custom mounted 2.2 Masher 2ks on the VXL rims and they are wide like the talons, wider than the rim. I havent had ANY problems with the rims cracking with the mashers installed.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    How much for all four black chromes?

RC Racer
    can some tell me what size the hexs are on the 4x4 pede. have not got one yet but its on the list. thanks

RC Racer
    12mm im just writing this so i meet the 10 character limit!

RC Racer
    thanks
    for the reply