RC Competitor

Ken Block Fiesta Decal Quality

For those that have the new Ken Block Fiesta, just wondering how well the decals are applied.

With the Summit VXL I got recently, even the simple "Summit VXL" decal on the side of the truck was way crooked and the grill/headlights had huge air bubbles in them.

The Ken Block decals are way more complex and am wondering if the decal application quality is even worse on this body.
    Summit
    1/16 Summit VXL
    Vintage Tamiya

RC Racer
    not too great...some were coming off already and I had to smooth out alot of them.

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    The Traxxas employees probably don't have the time to spend a lot of time on the decals. Resticking and smoothing isn't a big deal for us customers really. So I wouldn't see a reason to complain. Just depends on your perspective...
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Qualifier
    Same thing happened to my 2wd slash..i just to a hair dryer to it.

RC poster
    yea, they were sloppy

RC Competitor
    Just adding on....They are junk.

RC Qualifier
    agreed mine looked like a 2yr old put them on

RC Champion
    Jato ...Perhaps my 5 year old would do better
    She helped with paint and decals on this one
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Racer
    After running the KB today a few times I noticed alot of the decals are starting to come off and now there is dirt under them so they won't stick back on the body again. I have emailed Traxxas and asked them if they have a decal sheet they can send me and I will re-apply them the right way.

RC Enthusiast
    same with mine covered in dust, and now won't stick, I will write as well. picture below

RC Competitor
    same here +1

RC Qualifier
    Think they should send a decal sheet and tell you where to put them..just so we could do it properly

RC Competitor
    Does the hair dryer thing really work to make them stick better? I havent ran mine yet and I looked at some of decals and they need attention. Has anyone just taken some of them off? If so pics please

RC Competitor
    It's a shame that Traxxas makes an awesome looking body like the KB only to have poorly applied decals ruin it. I know Traxxas is a RTR company and is targeting people that just want to pop in the battery and start playing without having to deal with applying decals.

This may have been discussed before but maybe they should offer their RTR models in kit form too (unbuilt but still include all the RTR parts) and still charge the same price. I think there are people that will still buy the unbuilt RTR kit since they enjoy the build part of the hobby. I guess the cons of this is that Traxxas may run into a lot of warranty claims with poorly built trucks from inexperienced hobbyists.

Anyway, thanks for the responses everyone. I may still buy one later this year.
    Summit
    1/16 Summit VXL
    Vintage Tamiya

RC Racer
    No response back from Traxxas on my email about the replacement decals. Oh well!

RC Competitor
    They're stickers for cripes sake, I think people are expecting too much.

If you want them perfect, take a knife and peel them off, trim them tighter, and reapply them.
    If you want them to stay perfect, stick it on a shelf somewhere.

RC Qualifier
    Well atleast u guys have your stickers...Mine was missing some

Quote Originally Posted by justfasstenuff View Post
    They're stickers for cripes sake, I think people are expecting too much.

If you want them perfect, take a knife and peel them off, trim them tighter, and reapply them.
    If you want them to stay perfect, stick it on a shelf somewhere.
    Well, some people don't have gobs of money sitting around and when they spend $300 on a hobby-grade car, they expect some decent quality and do care. I agree that eventually the stickers will peel, the body will get trashed but from what it sounds, right out of the box people are disapointed.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Correctly stated^ Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    I suspect part of the licensing agreement may have been selling the car with the decals (paying sponsors') decals in the correct location.

I'm going to use a hair dryer on mine to make sure they're all adhered properly when it arrives next week.
    Revo 3.3
    Ken Block Rally VXL
    Associated RC10r5

RC Qualifier
    How do you do that?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by _jono_ View Post
    How do you do that?
    Warm up the decals with a hair dryer, and press them down (if they're peeling up) before you run the car. The heat can stretch the decal and help it form around curves.
    Revo 3.3
    Ken Block Rally VXL
    Associated RC10r5

RC poster
    decals are dead weight also people don't forget! Let them fall off clean off the glue and bang race car goes faster! Sticker make you look fast but ots the time in tuning whats under the body that makes the difference. Besides first timers in the hobby will end up wrecking the body any ways its a hobby so just remember that.

Stickers slow you down because of their weight. Hilarious!!!! What's next? Painting the body wears out the springs because it causes them to stay over-compressed due to the weight too?
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    LOL!!!!!!!!! omg LOL!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Just got my KB today and, as much as I typically agree that we shouldnt worry about little things that are easy to fix, in this case, the decals on this body are very poorly applied. Its not a big deal, I can fix it.. but with only a little more effort they could have been applied much more smoothly.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    has anyone tried the blow dryer to get the decals to adhere better? has anyone located the gymkhana body unpainted. I dont want to run my kb body.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tirado_881 View Post
    has anyone tried the blow dryer to get the decals to adhere better? has anyone located the gymkhana body unpainted. I dont want to run my kb body.
    I have but not on the KB

And the clear Fiesta body might be out after the brushed Fiesta is released
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC poster
    I have had several Traxxas vehicles and all of them had sticker issues, I just picked up a 4x4 Slash and those are also coming off. I have used Windex to apply decals on my Tamiya bodies and if anyone has decaled a Tamiya they have tons of decals, the Windex helps for sliding the decals in place and all you have to do is us a soft cloth to push out the un-needed liquid. Works great just don't over do the spraying. I used this method today on my Slash body and I was able to get some of them to stay in place, I also use a very fine tipped Xacto knife to pop the bubbles and then rub the air out. That works really good too, for dirt under the decals you can apply a little Windex and then try using some compressed air and try to blow out the sand and grit and then see if it sticks back down. I will also be contacting Traxxas to get a new decal sheet for my new rig as my daugther is kind of picky when it comes to our rigs.

John

RC Qualifier
    CA Glue! lol. I don't own one of these yet.....but i own every other rc imaginable by traxxas...ofna....etc. When my decals fall off i put a couple of dabs of CA glue on the sticky side...warm them up with a heat gun...and roll them out with my wifes fondant roller (for cakes) lol they aren't going anywhere now unless i want them off. To take them off. pull sticker off as much as you can. scrape very lightly on the dried ca glue horizontal. Since bodies are painted from the inside your paint job remains intact. finish it off with finger nail polish remover until it shines! Hope this helps you guys, and I'll be in this forum soon.....trust me
    Youtube Search- Tommy Wooten RC