RC Competitor

Which slash 4x4 parts fit?

So I'm going to the LHS tomorrow to pick up the parts I need to fix my pede, and am going with rpm. Just wondering if the front and rear sl4x4 bumpers will fit, the website doesn't specify? I figure the front bumper can't hurt in future crashes and I can't imagine needing the wheelie bar since it's going to be run mostly off road. Since I'm there I might as well pick up some extra stuff right? Just wish they made red parts in addition to black and blue, they would look great with my black pede.

RC Champion
    i know the a arms fit, and almost any other drivetrain parts, as well as the body mounts i think.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I know the arms fit, front shock tower fits, but rpm's site says the rear doesn't. I would think that they would specify if parts don't fit like they do with the rear shock tower.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There rear fits just fine. Ive got one on my truck. The front bumper fits no problem but sticks out quite far... which is good for protection but looks kind of weird. I shortened mine by about 1/2 inch. Looks much better. Arms and body mount fit, but the front body mount is a very VERY different shape than the stock 4X4 mount. Youd need to drill new holes for sure.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    That's weird, I wonder why they say it won't fit? Just checked your build thread and it does stick out pretty far. Hmmm, what to do? Maybe I should just not drive it into things at top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
    Yeah, I know the arms fit, front shock tower fits, but rpm's site says the rear doesn't. I would think that they would specify if parts don't fit like they do with the rear shock tower.
    Tech Notes: RPM Front & Rear Shock Towers will fit the Slash 4x4 while only the Front Shock Tower will work on the Stampede 4x4.
    I haven't figured this out yet. Why could they possibly state that?

As for the front bumper, if you need an RPM one, it's only a matter of time before they make a 4p4-specific one.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    That's a good point, though waiting isn't my strong point. Keep telling myself to wait until spring to buy a slash for racing, that I spent too much money recently on my aquarium, actual car, rc truck, christmas, but I keep looking at them online.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk