RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Cool My Rally Upgraded

The chassis is dyed all black, aluminum rockes with bearings, aluminum push rods & tie rods, aluminum motor heat sink, aluminum body shocks, castle sidewinder esc.

RC Qualifier
    looks good bro i cant wait til i get my goodies

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Post up a better pic of the ESC on its side and how you mounted it. I havent secured my sidewinder yet and would like to see how you did it... I was going to put it flat, but maybe on its side would be better...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Post up a better pic of the ESC on its side and how you mounted it. I havent secured my sidewinder yet and would like to see how you did it... I was going to put it flat, but maybe on its side would be better...
    I haven't secured it yet, still undecided how am I going to moun it, I like it better sideways but probably will choose flat with heavy duty velcro. For now it just has velcro on one side.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Gottcha, thats what I was planning also. Velcro with it flat. It fits so well between the stock ESC's mounting tabs... I just dont like that it sticks out the side of the chassis.
    Anyway, nice looking car and nice looking upgrades.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Hey pave, I mounted my mmp just like that on its side with servo tape. I think it has the same footprint, so it should be fine. It has taken a few crazy cartwheels and is fine. The only thing I was thinking was maybe a piece of flat plastic bolted to the rt side battery door to protect the heat sink from hits from the side.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    If you guys don't mind me asking, why do people swap the 3m with the sidewinder? For tuning parameters? It doesn't seem more reliable, can't handle any more voltage, and is like twice the size of the 3m. So I'm wondering what the benefits are. Don't get me wrong, I like my Sidewinder but it's kind of a toss out compared to my smaller and more powerful MMP.

Scratch that q. There's apparently an entire thread devoted to it further down the page. lol
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-16-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: merge

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Found some wheels/tires today

Got a new body !!!! still working on it.

Last edited by cooleocool; 01-16-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    a bug with rally style tires would be nice....remind me of the bug class in baja racing. what scale body is that.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by itzstress View Post
    a bug with rally style tires would be nice....remind me of the bug class in baja racing. what scale body is that.
    It is a proline baja body 1/16.

Quote Originally Posted by itzstress View Post
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-16-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: merge