RC Racer

17t pinion and noise

i believe i set my gear mesh correctly but now its really loud with the 17t pinion is that normal?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    No, it shouldn't be any louder than the stock one. Maybe a video to show us? Your gear mesh probably isn't set right.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    ill try to get a video

RC Qualifier
    Put a paper between the gear for ajusting the gear mesh.
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Racer
    ^^^^^that's what i did but i just want to make sure that everything is running right here is the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_16eehs-o

That actually sounds about right, I can't really tell through the video but it seems good. As long as you're not getting chips of your spur gear in where your slipper clutch is you will be fine, if you are, then it's too tight. You could try TheJang's method of setting your gear mesh by sound as found in the video below.

RC Racer
    yeah i use his vid n manual to set up the mesh, btw do you know to make the stampede do wheelies? like what do i have to do like just tighten up the slipper clutch? or use a 2c or 3c lipo?> atm im running stock batt hopefully the lipos that i order will come in tomorrow

My 3s Lipo allows my 4x4 to do wheelies on command. 2s will do it i'm sure if you tighten your slipper clutch down. I don't reccommend it as you could break driveline parts if your slipper is too tight, but that is a way you can get wheelies when not using a 2s or 3s LiPo.

RC Racer
    my slipper is somewhat tight but i still get no wheelies from stock batt then again the street was a bit wet from the melted snow hopefully them lipos gonna change that (: thx for the help bro

No problem. Trust me, on LiPo's, the 4x4 Stampede is a freaking wheelie king. That's one of the reasons why I love it so much .

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have found, with the limited testing ive done, that wet ground is not ideal for this truck. There was a thread about it earlier, but even with badlands tires the truck just wants to spin out. The inconsistent surfaces, mostly the higher grip areas, cause the truck to spin and spinning wont help wheelies.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ