RC Competitor

I was happy, then I hit a something, I'm sad now (pics inside)

First post here, now my favorite forum because tapatalk is enabled. I hit a big railroad tie that lines my driveway at at least 30mph and did serious damage to my brand spanking new 4x4 Haven't figured how many parts I need yet as I'm preparing to go plow snow, but it's at least an a-arm, shock tower and more.

EDIT: shock cap, tie rods? something linking the steering, etc.

Last edited by rcmonkey; 12-26-2010 at 05:44 PM.

RC Competitor
    i did almost the same put RPM parts on (slash 4x4 are the same) about $10 for aset of arms and $5ish for the towers GOOD LUCK
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Qualifier
    Oh man, thats nothing some duct tape and gorilla super glue cant fix ;-). LOL. Sucks this happened.

RC Competitor
    Thanks. It's been almost 20 years since I've been in the hobby, I still have my blackfoot and astute in the attic. I forget the names of things, but I also bent those metal tie rods or whatever they are, knew it was bad as soon as it happened. Possibly the only thing in my driveway that i could cause damage with and i hit it. The snow covering didn't help, but still. Haha, Tried gorilla glue on my GF's sons exceed, (she bought it before I could stop her) broken again 5 minutes later, It's being returned and he's getting a stampede.
    Last edited by rcmonkey; 12-26-2010 at 05:38 PM.

RC poster
    i hit a telephone pole doin 60 and only broke a turnbuckle, then the drive shaft then two axles seperated a tire etc... got almost 700 into it so far, good luck fixin yours

RC Competitor
    Ouch! Are you telling me these trucks are prone to breakage? (Just kidding) I kinda tapped out my cash flow on christmas, so every little bit at this point really hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
    Ouch! Are you telling me these trucks are prone to breakage? I kinda tapped out my cash flow on christmas, so every little bit at this point really hurts.
    Excuse me? A tp @ 60, only broke a tb, and they're prone to breakage?
    If you are really worried about breaking ANYTHING, one option is to put the truck in training mode while running the stock NiMH pack.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    im not complaining, there fun, and i have a venom lipo 6400mah that last about 40 mins or until i break something finding upgraded parts are hard right now but most slash 4x4 parts work

RC Competitor
    I was joking, guess that wasn't obvious to anyone but me :-) I know these things can be beat... Just seems like he's had some rough times.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Edited for Language.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-26-2010 at 06:16 PM.

I was more than a bit suspicious that you were kidding. ;-)
    Please watch the *'s in your posts. If you see them, you MUST modify your choice of words.
    Thank you.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Sorry about the language, I'll censor myself better from now on.

RC Competitor
    Ok, so I had to go to 2 LHS to get the parts I needed, and still forgot about one screw that is MIA. Needed front shock tower, turnbuckles, a-arms, bellcrank assembly, shock caps, shock oil. Total came to $40-45 and they are all stock parts because nobody had rpm and I want to run the truck tomorrow. ksb51rl, I see you're in northern NJ too, what shops do you use? I'm about 2 miles from the dirtrunners track in Jefferson Township.

RC Competitor
    Finished the repair today. This is my first truck that I didn't have to build from a kit, it was good to do some work and learn some of the inner workings.