RC Enthusiast

Lipo Run Times?????? LVC too soon

Okay, I'm running SMC 2s 5200mah 24C packs, decent batteries but I'm not getting much life out of them. Both batteries have maybe 20-25 cycles on them.

In the Pede 4x4 I get about 13min runtime, and everything seems pretty strong and then the LVC kicks in. I immediately stop at that point. When I charge I put about 3100mah back into each pack, and they initially show about 7.6-7.7 volts before recharging.

Am I crazy to be expecting a bit more run time out of a pack of that size?

Thanks, Joe

RC Racer
    I would think so, i can get 7/8 mns with a 2200 20c battery in my slash, your 5200 is a bit more then double so maybe that is right.

RC Qualifier
    Thats odd. I timed my ******* 5000 20c the other day to like 24-26 minutes. I timed it while bashing, speed runs and more bashing and more speed runs. Granted i had to go flip it back over a few times so lets say 22 minutes. I was happy with the result.

RC Qualifier
    The same thing is happening with my new 4wd pede. But I'll then throw the batt in my 2wd vxl with the same esc and it cranks for another 20 min.. WTH? I'm calling traxxas tomorrow!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    It's a big problem with the VXL called premature LVC, which leads many people going to other brands of ESC's. Some VXL ESC's do it, some don't.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    It's a big problem with the VXL called premature LVC, which leads many people going to other brands of ESC's. Some VXL ESC's do it, some don't.
    R there other Waterproof ESC's?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    R there other Waterproof ESC's?
    LRP makes a waterproofed ESC, and that's the only one I know of labeled waterproof. Castle ESC's are water resistant, but I wouldn't go out in the rain with one. This leads people to waterproofing their ESC's with a substance called Liquid Tape. You just simply dab it all over your exposed connections and internals of your ESC, and it's waterproof.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

LRP makes a waterproofed ESC, and that's the only one I know of labeled waterproof. Castle ESC's are water resistant, but I wouldn't go out in the rain with one. This leads people to waterproofing their ESC's with a substance called Liquid Tape. You just simply dab it all over your exposed connections and internals of your ESC, and it's waterproof.
    Or it's not and your electronics fry. It's a deeply personal choice.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Are you kidding me?!!! I had this problem with my VXL Rusty well over a year ago, and have not bought new since because of that...and the problem is still not fixed???
    Support our Troops