RC Racer

Reverse Flips truck on to lid!

So just got back into the hobby and previously had E-Maxx with a Mamba max (b4 the days of the mamba monster) but now am rolling a new 1/16 Summit. So far loving the truck but one thing that bugs me is the 100% reverse throttle. On the mamba you could have full braking ability with something like 30% reverse power and 100% forward power. I have now accidentally came out of a brake to go into reverse and flipped my truck over onto the lid. Reverse is usually just for getting the truck unstuck and avoiding object, what gives with 100% reverse, I don't need that!

Am I missing it in the manual any way to change reverse power?

i dont believe there is a way to stop the reverse power on the summit. i've heard people say they have put the mamba max systems in their summit's. if you were able to switch reverse on it then i would say why not use that system instead of the vxl.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    That what I was finding too...I don't want to switch to a mamba BC I just spent 300 on a truck and don't want to invest another 100 in the a new ESC.

RC Racer
    Not sure if it would help because I have not tried it, but change the throttle trigger position on your radio to 70/30 instead of the stock 50/50. Remember you will have to re calibrate your esc to this setting, it tells you how to in the manuel.

Quote Originally Posted by penz View Post
    Not sure if it would help because I have not tried it, but change the throttle trigger position on your radio to 70/30 instead of the stock 50/50. Remember you will have to re calibrate your esc to this setting, it tells you how to in the manual.
    That would have the opposite of the effect desired. It doesn't change the amount of power available, just the amount of modulation available. If the ESC is in good working order and is calibrated correctly, then you have to look at throttle control, especially if it acts differently than you are accustomed to.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Put it in training mode until you figure it out.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Racer
    Ok so it looks like I will just live with it, thanks for the responses!