Thread: New Summit

RC poster

New Summit

Just opened up a brand new Summit today it looked great, got my batteries charged up and went for the test run everything ran fine for about 30 minutes then the left rear tire stopped pulling shortly after that the left front tire stopped pulling, after looking closer the front axle broke and the rear axle broke the shaft in the gear box. Wow a 550.00 dollar machine did not even last 2 hours without tearing up, is this something that happens with this machine or is it just my unlucky day. And by the way I have about 2 acres flat and it was just doing normal turns and flat out running. Whats even worse its hard to explain to your child why he's brand new truck want run, would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks Jeff

part #5678 is my guess there was a bad batch of them wild they are still showing up .Email traxxas they will fix u up.Their service is exelent.Mine broke 10 mins in to my first run .changed them out year and a half later haven't broke one again
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I say unlucky day, I would call traxxas, they will take care of you

^^^ yeap what he said
    http://outlawrccrawlers.createaforum.com/index.php

RC Champion
    where the diffs locked when the axles broke?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    where the diffs locked when the axles broke?
    GREAT QUESTION! Locked diffs are for crawling or when required for obstacle climbing.
    Bashing with locked diffs WILL CAUSE WAY MORE BREAKAGE ..... IMO.

YES Call Traxxas Support for replacements.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    Like all said give them a call Traxxas support is the best, but if there is a LHS I would go pick up an extra couple sets as you will want to keep parts on hand for them long holiday weekends. but running in low gear with lockers locked should never see full speed, full speed is for high gear with out lockers locked in. if you were in high gear no lockers when they broke.. that just sucks, but a set of axles are like 8 dollars they will break again one day mid as well grab an extra one might want grab a spare spur gear as well
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg View Post
    Like all said give them a call Traxxas support is the best, but if there is a LHS I would go pick up an extra couple sets as you will want to keep parts on hand for them long holiday weekends. but running in low gear with lockers locked should never see full speed, full speed is for high gear with out lockers locked in. if you were in high gear no lockers when they broke.. that just sucks, but a set of axles are like 8 dollars they will break again one day mid as well grab an extra one might want grab a spare spur gear as well
    I think he broke the output shafts from the diff's #5678.I replaced mine then traxxas sent me two of them,still have them over a year later
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried