RC Champion

Jetlags alternative to body lowering

Don't know if anyone seen this? or maybe it has been done before? But great idea IMO. VIDEO
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    Honestly, you can probably just cut those posts down and drill a hole dead center and thread the screws back into them. Nothing to buy and they have the rounded edges on them already. Thats just me.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow7g View Post
    Honestly, you can probably just cut those posts down and drill a hole dead center and thread the screws back into them. Nothing to buy and they have the rounded edges on them already. Thats just me.....
    Oh I agree...I think it was mharris on here that basically did just that...He cut the posts to the washers then just epoxied them to the mounts. But either way I was just linking to a alternative method.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I just used 4 of e shortest posts that come in the package when you buy slash body mounts. They fit perfect. I had a bunch laying around. I also used rpm slash 4x4 body mounts as i really didn't like the huge stock front mount.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For me the Pede looks perfect as it is...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Champion
    It looks so much better lowered!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

Hows this for LOW:

Rear mounts:
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    I did cut mine all the way down. unfortunatly that did not leave enough for a screw, but a bit of epoxy and they are staying put. have done a few tumbles and no issues with coming loose. but the idea using the metal battery hold down is excellent, just costs money, mine was the cost of a couple dabs of epoxy.

I just had those laying around. So, sortof free in this case.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    I did the epoxy body lowing mod as well. First with JB weld....broke off immediately the first land on lid. Second....20 minute epoxy, held for about two flips then "pop" all four slid off at the same time. The third....plastic bonder epoxy with 3,450psi limit...."pop" off they came. Finally, I put coated it with super glue....worked perfectly. Several flips and all stayed in place. I went back and coated the underside of were it was glued and rested against the body mount bar with the epoxy to provide a more rigid surrounding hold. Today, only one or two flips from nice size bmx jumps and it stayed perfectly firm. Don't get me wrong....I can drive pretty well, and it rarely flips. Generally it's due to the rear shocks hitting a jump just wrong and "donkey kicking" the back end up and over the front to make it land rear first. I need to put 60 weight fluid in the rear instead of the 50 weight I put in to slow that problem.

I'd learn from my experience, and coat both halves well with superglue, let it sit overnight, then coat the surrounding area well with epoxy. Seems to work well. If this breaks this time, I'm likely giving up on the concept and waiting for RPM or similar to come up with a solution and just go back to the crazy looking original mounting position. For just driving on the street it might work just fine, but landing from nice size jumps or cartwheeling will pop a basic epoxy job right off in my opinion and experience. Superglue...then epoxy around. That seems to be the ticket.

Hope this helps.
    Stampede 4x4, Blade MSR & MCX, Micro Rock Crawler

Slash 4x4 mounts work fine up front, you just need to drill new holes in the body...
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    here is what I did to a stampede I had:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...wering-project

RC poster
    I will see if I can find the brand of epoxy I used. it had a dual syringe and you have to be careful to get equal amounts of each syringe. I was messing around in the house and accidentaly backed it down a flight of 12 stairs tumbling al the way, and nothing came loose. I used enough epoxy so that some oozed into the hole the screw used to go threw, very soild, I dare say it is as strong as the hold it had with just the single screw holding it.

RC Racer
    cost me a total of 5 bucks to do the mod like jetlag! It just looks so much cleaner and its nice to have them in metal and not worry about epoxy!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pedemon954 View Post
    cost me a total of 5 bucks to do the mod like jetlag! It just looks so much cleaner and its nice to have them in metal and not worry about epoxy!
    what nut size did you use?