RC Qualifier

having a problem

first i will start out with my summit is running dual 775's. next i wanted to run lipos so i went with the novak smartstop and running ******* 5000mah and ***** 5000 & 5800mah's. Well today i went out to play to test the new *****'s out in the snow and now when i go to turn off my esc it won't turn off. I have held the on/off button and still the lights stay on but the esc seems to be off. I have the remote turned on then i turn it off. I always turn the remote on first then the esc then to turn off i turn the esc then the tx off. I am totally confused. Do you think my esc is starting to crap the bed? Anybody pls chime in with any where to go from here.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    Just try and unplug the batteries
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63 View Post
    Just try and unplug the batteries
    I did that and it shut off but is that a sign of a problem?
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not really; in ye olden days when the evx2 was first released the esc would short out if you used the power button to turn it off, so traxxas advised people to just unplug the batts to turn it off. Great times....
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    Not really; in ye olden days when the evx2 was first released the esc would short out if you used the power button to turn it off, so traxxas advised people to just unplug the batts to turn it off. Great times....
    so what you are saying i am not in the market for a new evx2 then? I did notice that my lights stay on but the esc is not on. Strange very strange.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, if the tech support on the phone say you can have a new esc for free to replace the shonky one after sending it in, then its worth doing that, but if they say it'll cost you money to get a replacement, I'd pass. It could just be moisture or condensation inside the esc, or it could be a bit funky, but unless it behaves erratically and smells like an ashtray after driving then I'd live with it.

RC Champion
    PROPER WAY to turn OFF an EVX2 is to unplug the batteries!
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    thanks everyone for your help electric is still new to me since i have been with nitro most of my rc life. thanks
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    I have had this problem a few thimes, I was running the SmartStop as well but i wouldent worry to much dont think it is a really big deal mine stoped doing it, went back to normal.
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

RC Qualifier
    You state that you were playing in the snow? I have had all my esc that claim waterproof to ACT UP when I play in the snow. Reverse is sticky, lights blinking, and it Only does it in the snow...... Dont know if it helps but It seems to be common in snow situations.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, its sad but true- water resistant at best, not waterproof. There are enough threads on waterproofing though so I'll let peeps do their own detective work to find solutions...