RC Qualifier

What Tire to get now.

Ok so I have the Stock wheels and tires
    I have a set of Mashers 40 series on tech 5 rims
    I also now have a set of Moab mounted on some bead lock rims.

I kind of like the RC4wd Mud slinger cause they look cool. But i want something as wide or wider than the stock tires.

I also looked at a set of Imex Swap Kong. there 8 inches tall and almost 5 inches wide, I really like that but i hear the foam in them are not to good. there also $130 a set i don’t mind the price so much but for that kind of money i want something i know is good..

and the larger the better also like the ones that look like real tires..
    No you cant drive it
    my RC is owner operated only

If money is no object then here's the tires http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Mo...res_p_750.html
    and the rims to fit these bad boys http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Mo...els_p_136.html
    Now thats way over the top LOL
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I like that.. Might see if i can find a different set of rims to fit the tires but i am gonna look at getting them..

thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    If money is no object then here's the tires http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Mo...res_p_750.html
    and the rims to fit these bad boys http://store.rc4wd.com/Demolisher-Mo...els_p_136.html
    Now thats way over the top LOL
    No you cant drive it

RC Qualifier
    please dont tell me your talking about these tires

I think the car on the right is a savage flux and the tire's on the left are RC4WD Demolisher's, not sure if they make different sizes for the demolisher but I couldn't find any other sizes on there website
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Qualifier
    Yep looks like them to me.. The larger the better fo me anyway there 9.8 inches tall i belive..
    No you cant drive it

RC Racer
    those monsters weigh in at a little over 2lbs per tire, will that cause some issue's ? seems like it might. looks awesome tho
    http://outlawrccrawlers.createaforum.com/index.php

You may have to upgrade the axle carriers at some point.The huge tires are gonna be hard on steering,Better upgrade those as well.I'm using the ******* hv 767 titanium geared coreless motor $60.00 a good deal.and you will have to gear down i would think or it will eat slipper clutches may need to upgrade that also.so it may not be cheap to do but not much in this hobby is cheap.Should be cool no one on here has done it yet that i know of.shipping from them is not cheap those are huge.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Hrmm i knew they would be more wear.. but.. i dont know if i want to do all that.. but i will only be running these once in a while for show. I run my Mashers for jusr playing
    No you cant drive it

RC Racer
    then you have to factor the resistance and weight from the snow thats going to cake on. so it might become a pricey project just to have the really big tires. me myself I would go with rockcrushers or slingers.
    as a matter of fact aren't just the rims and tires like 300 bucks for those beasts
    Last edited by dblrnut; 12-25-2010 at 02:41 PM.

For once in a while prob be ok trying to crawl or slow technical stuff would be difficult
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    isnt that a summit on the right LOL jus kidding. Dang those tires are huge. might as well use Go cart tires.

slipper clutch is going to die. i did a test run with my new Crushers and i can hear the slipper going off more. so i can imagine those Demolisher's. they would demolish the clutch for sure

getting back to normal tires , after playing with red rocks , Moab xls and rock crushers , and naturally the Summit tires .
    I sort like the Red rocks the best. for bashing and crawling. might be the way i have the foam setup inside. but they seem to do best all around and dont tax the summit at all. pops wheel stands in first , holds the road doing slalom . but as far as clearance yea the crushers do that. also with half foam i can crank some mean sharp turns in 2nd , i guess from the front tires flexing allot. my vote all around red rocks, then moab's then stockers. I think if i took the stocker's off there wheels and mounted better plus put some lead weight in fronts, tweaked the foam they would probably do better. i wanted mud slingers but every one was out of stock. if i do get another set of tires i think i will get some. i think the size is good at 7.25" and the treads look pretty impressive for mud and loose stuff or when things get wet.

my dream would be a for a tire manufacture to make something around 7.5" diameter. this way a half way point between monster crushers and rok lock to the moab xl and Stock tires. looks the closet middle is the mud slinger.

any way my newbee 2 cents.

for wide and about same size as stock 7" . i was looking at some rim tire combos by hot bodies I think they are for 1/8 HPI truck. like these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGBC8
    Last edited by VonGearStripper; 12-25-2010 at 04:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well no snow here in alabama
    No you cant drive it

RC Racer
    A set of these:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWFV5&P=ML
    With 8 of these rims (2 rims bolted together on each wheel.) http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=24726
    = this look. I am not running any foams in them.

RC Qualifier
    WOW that is a much better price.. hrmm I like them I might get a set just for photo ops. and so when I carry my truck in the LHS get all the looks like what the heck. *L* dont know if i want to run something that large with out beefing up the entire drive line.
    No you cant drive it

RC Racer
    I have been running them on & off for 11months now with everything stock on my Summit. I have not yet had anything break. The rims are 17mm hex as well. You do have to be moving for the steering to work. I also fibreglassed them together where the rims meet just to give a bit more strength. As you can see i drilled out the centre of the outside rime so that i can remove the the wheel nuts.
    Last edited by Bug777; 12-25-2010 at 11:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    So why did you run duel wheels per tire why not the ones that come in the set?
    No you cant drive it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg View Post
    Well no snow here in alabama
    sorry about that I seen snow not show duh!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_uscg View Post
    So why did you run duel wheels per tire why not the ones that come in the set?
    Because the one's in the set are 14mm hex. I wanted to run 17mm hex on them & at the time there were no rims which were 4" wide, only 2" wide were available at the time. So i thought why not make my own. This was the strongest way & cheapest option that i could think of. Those rims also have a 1/2" offset which helps move the tyre away from the body, this reduces the amount the front tyres scrub during turns.
    Last edited by Bug777; 12-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hrmm ok cool mod.. thanks for the links and info
    No you cant drive it

RC Qualifier
    i have ran demolisher tires on my summit... be prepared to regear cuz low gear is all you got for the snow...high is to much stress on motor...id look into the mud slingers...ive been waitn on a set of swamp kongs for two months on back order from rc planet...cant wait til they get here to try them out in the snow....demolishers does da great for snow crawling tho