RC Qualifier

1/16 summit questions

I am looking at getting a new rc and am interested in getting a 1/16 for the price and 4x4. How does the summit do in the snow and other things like mud loose dirt and rocks? I am not really looking for speed because I have other rc's. Also could I put my stampede tires on it even though it wouldn't look very scale? Thanks
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

i think the summit is very capable and pretty awesome... the tires it has are already probably bigger/better than the stampede, the summit has 2.2" truck rims using about a 4" tire

RC Qualifier
    Well my stampede tires are 5" tall so it wouldn't be much of a difference if I gear down. I think I am a little more interested in a mini summit than a mini e revo because my pede can do all basic off road stuff and take the mini summit on the trails and crawling.
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

the mini summit isnt the best for real crawling, it doesnt have locking diffs liek the 1/10th scale...... however, i think the mini summit is the best for all around bashability, bone stock..... 5" tires is a bit much..... i wouldn't run them without doing a tranny flip, but that reduces your overal top speed a bit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The mini summit is not a crawler, pretty much is a merv with bigger tires, higher cog and more off-road capabilities.

RC Racer
    The stampeed tires are too large for the 1/16 summit in my opinion. There are a couple threads on here of people putting regular 2.2 tires on the summit and they even look big. The stampeed tires are a lot wider too, and that is going to put a lot of strain on the micro steering servo. If you want a little bigger tires get 2.2 tires, the stampeed is 2.8, and gear down a little.

RC Qualifier
    It is an awesome little truck in the snow. Take a look.....
    http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ent=Summit.mp4
    P4d4 & Sl4sh