RC poster

Charging 1 series battery with EZ Peak charger? REALLY HOT

http://www.traxxas.com/products/part...rcellbatteries

The battery and charger are listed on the same page, it says it charges powercell batteries.... I assumed it was OK.

The battery got so hot i couldn't hold it in my hand. Should I not be using the EZ Peak with it?

the ez peak charger is not ok to charge the series 1 battery. that charger chargers at 4amps and the battery can only handle 1amp at the most. the ez peak charger is meant for the series 3&4 batteries. charging it though at 1amp is going to charge your battery in 1hr but will shorten your battery life. i would recommend the trx peak charger if your going to stick with a traxxas charger but if you are going to buy a charger to charge this battery then i would recommend the duratrax onyx 100 or 220. the 100 charges at 1&2 amps and costs 29.99 at towerhobbies.com. the 220 charges at 1-5amps i believe and you can find it there too. if you look under there scratch&dent dept. you can find these chargers at a lower price like the 100 you can find for $13.00 and the 220 for around $30.25. but they do not have a warranty ok so you take a chance buying it if it goes out like 3hrs down the road but they are good chargers. hope this help you.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    seems like they would say this on the page that lists the charger and battery together....

thanks for the info

your welcome
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    ordered the 1-2amp selectable ez-peak charger.

also the ligthbar
    front/rear lights
    extra battery
    wheelie bar

im already $100 deep into aftermarket parts and ive had the truck for 12 hours!

RC Racer
    Welcome to the RC enthusiast world.

Bought my Axial crawler last year for $230, within a month I added another $300 in add-ons.
    Bought an barely used E-Revo on ebay 3 months ago for $160. I'm already $400 into it, and I'm thinking of going brushless, which will add a $250 motor&ESC plus the LiPo's and charger ($???).

I just know Santa will bring me a Summit VXL tomorrow. Thankfully there is not a whole lot of extras - yet.