Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    647

    Spartan upgrades? what happened to?

    Earlier this year I seen on the titan/spartan page that there were going to be upgrade parts available. One of them was a strut that had bearings in it instead of bushings. Now I dont see it. what are the Spartans coming with out of the box? bushings or bearings? If its bushings what happened to the bearing strut accessory?
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier PeterV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    508
    just an oversight when porting content to the new site, methinks. No change to the Spartan specs.

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58
    I saw Traxxas will make a adjustable trim plate so yo don't have to bend the factory plates part number 5731 20.00
    check the manual for more info here
    http://traxxas.com/pdfs/5708_manual.pdf
    Justin

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,386
    The accesories:







    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58
    the drive strut posted has the bearings installed and according to the parts list provided by Traxxas there is no optional drive strut
    so to the people that have received their model already does the drive strut have bushings or bearings?
    Justin

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    60
    looks like bushings to me

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58
    so if its just bushings in there how hard could it be to replace them with bearings to me it sounds pretty simple I probably even have a few laying around from my extra helicopter parts guess I'll find out next week when mine finally arrives
    Justin

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    647
    I still dont see the optional strut with bearings. has anyone else checked theirs to see if its bearings or bushings?

    ok i found a part number for it so now i can find it.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-09-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: merge
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic77 View Post
    so if its just bushings in there how hard could it be to replace them with bearings to me it sounds pretty simple I probably even have a few laying around from my extra helicopter parts guess I'll find out next week when mine finally arrives
    Justin
    I'll be going into Hobbytown to match up the bushing for bearings..
    It will be a very easy fix
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    647
    lets us know so later we can order them online
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    and remeber if you have bearings or bushings grease the shaft after every few runs
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58
    The bushings in the drive strut are long and there holes in the middle so I'm curious if you can just replace the brushing

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
    I'll be going into Hobbytown to match up the bushing for bearings..
    It will be a very easy fix
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic77 View Post
    The bushings in the drive strut are long and there holes in the middle so I'm curious if you can just replace the brushing

    yes.........
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    58
    I tried to remove the bushings in the drive strut they are pressed in and I cannot seem to get them out if anyone finds a answer please let me know! also should we be looking into a sealed bearing since it will be under water just a thought
    Justin

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic77 View Post
    I tried to remove the bushings in the drive strut they are pressed in and I cannot seem to get them out if anyone finds a answer please let me know! also should we be looking into a sealed bearing since it will be under water just a thought
    Justin
    with boats you constantly need to grease after every couple runs, so having sealed bearings may not be needed
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •