RC poster
    From Alaska, recently moved to Midland, Texas

Different Body on Summit?

I am thinking about putting a different body on my Summit but have never changed out a body before so I have some nub questions...

Are all 1:10 scale bodies compatible with just adding new body bracket holes? To make the holes is a dremel suffice? If not, what do you recommend?

Any cool bodies you suggest?

Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A tape measure is your friend; there is no standard size for bodies at any given scale, so comparing wheelbases is the best idea ( compare summit to the trucks any given shell is intended for ). Savage XL bodies, LST/2 bodies, revo and maxx 3.3 bodies should be pretty close, along with some 1/8 truggy bodies.

You will probably have to swap the rear body posts for some regular revo/erevo ones.

there are various tools for making accurate holes in the shell, a body reamer would be great but there are also these:

http://www.rc-union.com/product_info...tbcemyjxxbuihy

just put them on the posts, line up the shell, press down & hey-presto, you have 4 dimples in the shell for you to drill into- you will need about an 8-10mm drill bit, so a dremel wont really work well unless you're really careful and enlarge the hole until its large enough and perfectly round..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    From Alaska, recently moved to Midland, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    A tape measure is your friend; there is no standard size for bodies at any given scale, so comparing wheelbases is the best idea ( compare summit to the trucks any given shell is intended for ). Savage XL bodies, LST/2 bodies, revo and maxx 3.3 bodies should be pretty close, along with some 1/8 truggy bodies.

You will probably have to swap the rear body posts for some regular revo/erevo ones.

there are various tools for making accurate holes in the shell, a body reamer would be great but there are also these:

http://www.rc-union.com/product_info...tbcemyjxxbuihy

just put them on the posts, line up the shell, press down & hey-presto, you have 4 dimples in the shell for you to drill into- you will need about an 8-10mm drill bit, so a dremel wont really work well unless you're really careful and enlarge the hole until its large enough and perfectly round..
    Thanks a lot - I really appreciate the feedback. I'll have to pick up a set of the body hole markers. I'll have to investigate some bodies that will fit. The local hobby shop here in town doesn't carry any bodies so I'll have to play around online and see what I can find.

RC Champion
    The Proline Slipstream fits really well

RC Qualifier
    Any Erevo bodies will fit it perfectly due to them having about the same wheelbase. Im personally looking at the proline 2007 chevy body.
    SlashVXL-ERBE-Slash4x4PE-RustlerVXL-1/16SlashSW2

RC Competitor
    Hey, what fin is that on the summit?
    4x4 MUDMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by ebailey95 View Post
    Any Erevo bodies will fit it perfectly due to them having about the same wheelbase. Im personally looking at the proline 2007 chevy body.
    You will have to change rear mount posts in some cases or like me just cut the summit ones down so they go lower
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by fsacn View Post
    I am thinking about putting a different body on my Summit but have never changed out a body before so I have some nub questions...

Are all 1:10 scale bodies compatible with just adding new body bracket holes? To make the holes is a dremel suffice? If not, what do you recommend?

Thanks!
    Check the summit gallery at the top of the forum.There is a lot of different stuff give you some ideas of what you could do I'm running a hpi 73 bronco shell
    Last edited by jamann; 12-22-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered the jconcepts SVT raptor body for the revo 3.3, I hope it fits considering the summit is part of the revo family, haven't seen anyone with this body on the summit yet and I think it's AWESOME!
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties