RC poster

E Revo Brushless & HPI Mounted Phaltline Tires & Wheels ?

I have a Brushless E Revo geared @ 18/54. I run stock tires & wheels currently with 4S but have recently upgraded to 6S for on road speed runs vs skate park bashing. That being said the stock tires on the streets running 6S just don't work so I'm looking into the HPI #4729 Mounted Phaltline Tire with Blast wheels. My question is, will these be a direct fit to the E Revo & is this a good way to go for high speeds on the streets ?

Mark.

RC Racer
    Great tires for street...They are the only ones I run on the street. Traction is pretty good. I really like them. The rears obvoisly wear out much faster than the fronts. Only problem is that the pre-glued ones dont have the chrome cleaned off where the tire glues to the rim...so they come unglued. I recommend buying wheels and tires seperate, then cleaning off all the chrome where the tire glues on. Other than that, I really like mine. It is just about the only option that I found that worked. I tried. They run smooth and strait. I tried road rage tires from PL but they were much heavier and out of balance. Hated them on 6s. Phaltlines are the only thing I have found that works for me.

RC poster
    Appreciate the response & from what ur saying I think I'll be very happy with them for my street purposes on 6S & I'll run stock for 4S skate park bashing... Can u confirm the HPI wheels directly fit the Heavy-duty 17mm splined aluminum hex hubs and wheel nuts that the Brushless E Revo is equipped with ?
    Last edited by kingsolomon12; 12-20-2010 at 04:41 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They should be a direct fit yes, 17mm hex on both, just that the traxxas one has teeth vs straight sides. At worst, you can get some HPI 17mm hexes for like $5 on ebay- those are definitely a direct fit as I run them on my own Gorillamaxx.

I would however say that you shouldnt get the pre-mounts, HPI's glue job is terrible so you'll end up regluing them yourself sooner or later. Better to get seperate rims and tires and do your own proper glue job with CA glue and some rubber bands.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    I love the way the phaltine handle! it saved my life because i was having problems with loose rear end on top speeds and ws not able to keep under conrtol,when i hit trigger it would pull to left,call it torque steer. The ProLine Road Rage is a longer tread life but the side wall flex was killing me on top end control. weak side to the Phaltline is is not glued well at all i all so can tell you that they do not have any stretch tolarace at all.I hit trigger 100% which i rarley do and one just ripped right apart.I could not believe it. It makes me a little sad because I do love the feel with these tires.Just a note on loose rear, i have sway bars and camber and toe guage and about went insane. so was not a set up issue as i tried every angle on set up with no results to brag about.
    Last edited by PHELI; 02-22-2012 at 08:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just bought the hpi phatlines mounted and I was all excited and went to put them on the regular e revo brushless 17mm splined hexes and the hex adapter thing does not fit inside the rim. The diameter of the rim is too small for the adapter. What the heck should I do????

are the rims 17mm or 14 mm?
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    are the rims 17mm or 14 mm?
    17mm. I'm using a wrench for now