RC Champion

Want It so bad ...

Hi

really want a Summit so bad... for all the Summit reasons :-)

Just wondering before my wife orders me to sleep in the garage when I press the
    buy button on the web..

I know all the components will be just as good as in my E revo but seriously :
    What about the TITAN 750 ?

I have blown TITANs in my E revo 4 times. Okay I was a newbie then. And I know now better how to break it in and will be covering the Motor with a Outerwear cover but is it okay that Titan 750 ??

When I converted to brushless in my Erevo I think life got a lot easier and never have fried anything since,,,,

Is the Titan 750 better than the dual Titans in the e revo
    Slightly Addicted

The titan 775 is a ok motor,But the dewalt is better more torque and rebuildable,Just a stronger motor in general
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    I will probably fry the Titan at some point.... the Devalt ? will it do with the Traxxas ESC or do you replace that as well ?
    Slightly Addicted

no it works perfect with the evx2 so still water resistant and pretty cheap too
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    thanks a lot,, whats the exact Devalt model you use ??
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    Reading this will keep the same questions answered over and over and over and over..... again. It's at the top of the page for summit newbies.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...Summit-F.-A.-Q.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

agreed it is a good read to get a good overveiw of the truck.whats been done what works and what doesn't plus adjustments that need to be made
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    for the titan 775 I think it's a great motor, it has lasted over a year for me and most of the time in deep snow, had it submerged a few times but it still works great and has no signs of fatigue or decreasing preformance, it's also working nicely for me on 4s lipo with no heat issues
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Qualifier
    Titan 775 worked good for me for a while in my EREVO, with 16.8v. I bash hard and ended up having to gear kinda low. Still ran pretty hot, and finally went up in a big poof of smoke one day. Overall, I liked it, better than the 550's, but i still ended up going brushless.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Champion
    Thanks for all your answers.. I am a newbie in Summit as I do not have one, and my Brushed career did not last very long.
    Foregive my ignorance,,, and I have read the Summit FAQ .. but here in Denmark I only know Dewalt from Hobby Tools like Dremmel. So please can anyone tell me the exact name and type of the Dewalt 14 volt motor.
    Thanks again. And finally will a brushless motor and ESC work fine with the Differential lock and gears in the Summit
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    Recent thread, don't think it's in FAQ's:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...alt-motor-info

Did you say you will cover the motor with something? The Titan 775 has an internal fan and slots cut into the motor can for ventilation.

RC Qualifier
    He said an Outerwears cover. I have one and its awesome keeps all the dirt out of your motor while still allowing the air to flow through. I read on the erbe forum about someone sending their truck to them to make shroud for the chassis which would be great to keep the everything out of the chassis.

RC Champion
    i love the 775..but thats me and i have have the stock motor that came with the summit for almost 2 years..
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

I liked the titan too.That is until the second one i had split the bushing in three pieces and chewed the magnets up and broke a brush off.so i went dewalt and never looked back
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I've tried many different options but for my Summit I have found a brushless setup to be the best by far, in part because of the tunability of the ESC (be it Tekin or Castle).

RC Qualifier
    I liked the titan too.That is until the second one i had split the bushing in three pieces and chewed the magnets up and broke a brush off.so i went dewalt and never looked back
    how did you manage to break the motor that badly... hit it with an axe?

RC Champion
    The outerwear cover... the best thing I did to my truck... have one for the motor and one for the ESC,,,

have been driving for 45 minutes to night in the snow.. great

thanks again .... I will look into it again... treat my Titan as good as I can and then go brushless or dewalt later...
    I bet the Titan 775 is ok,,,, I think I mainly fried mine because of water and when small fragments from the forrest ground got
    into the fan area and hit something.,,,, wont happen with outerwear..
    Slightly Addicted

Quote Originally Posted by the rc joe View Post
    how did you manage to break the motor that badly... hit it with an axe?
    The titan has brass bushings at either end instead of bearings.brass bushings are designed to wear out.I just got unlucky is my guess(my original lasted about a year with use every day pretty much).I run in the wet a fair bit.and yes i did do cleaning and lubing after every wet run.must have got some rust or grit in there ,But it split into three even pieces as far as i could tell after the autopsy.Inside was carnage never found the brush so not sure weather that broke off first and did the damage or the bushing went first either way it was toasted.So dewalt seemed like the best brushed choice.Glad i did way more torque which is what i needed my trucks around 15lbs now with big weighted tires.i climb mountains the titan was not very happy with that
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I never do any maintenance to my titan and it's been in water a lot, it even has rust building up on the motor can but it work's fine, It sounds like the titan motor is a hit or miss situation because some people break the 775 in 3 run's and others like myself have run them over a year with no problems, so what's killing some of these motors so fast?

RC Champion
    circumstance I guess or bad luck hits the Titan in its weak spot once in a while...

the beating my old hobbywing motor has taken,,,, wonder how it survived .... maybe just luck
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    I also would love to have a summit but it's a little too much cash for me
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC Champion
    yep they are expensive :-( and the stuff besides it ...ouch..... as I started this thread with.... the wife wont like it :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Champion
    The SUMMIT is very wife friendly. Just let her drive it and you will be fine. Mine loves driving mine and gets a big thrill when I set up a jump for her.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by mwi View Post
    yep they are expensive :-( and the stuff besides it ...ouch..... as I started this thread with.... the wife wont like it :-)
    Tell her it's this or a harley.....LOL.tell her to be happy your not into heavy equipment r/c's some of the excavators are $8000 and no thats not a mistake that's .... ouch......
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    thanks guys.... LOL :-)
    Slightly Addicted