Thread: Tranny ?

RC Competitor

Question Tranny ?

With the motor out, i can rotate my spur almost one full revolution before i feel it engage in either direction. Feels like too much freespinning between foward and reverse. Is this normal?

Thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Fairly, there is a lot of play between all the gears and shafts when connected together as one long 'line' if you will. Given how complex the summit driveline is I wouldnt like to open it up and try shimming it ( diffs ) myself, not until something goes crunch and I had no other choice..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 16hp View Post
    With the motor out, i can rotate my spur almost one full revolution before i feel it engage in either direction. Feels like too much freespinning between foward and reverse. Is this normal?

Thanks
    that is normal my summit does the same thing.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

Thats normal and another reason not to do back up and punch it for wheelies thats a big driveline shock that will eventually break some stuff.half a revolution with no load then bang full load hard on the drive line.When you do take apart the trans make sure to check all the bearings specifically the hidden one's as they are prone to failure and that will lead to chewed up or broken output gears
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Awesome! Thanks