Thread: Snow Chains!!!

RC Qualifier

Snow Chains!!!

Well just got a home from work. I work out of town for four days and I got my snow chains in the mail (thanks Brody). Well I installed them on. Here is a few pictures

Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    "Who's Brody ???" Where did you get the chains ?
    I'd like to get a set for my "Super Summit"
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty350LT1 View Post
    I don't know what's going on either but in my last link in post #9 on this thread, there is a guy selling them on eBay:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ke-tire-chains

But you can build them yourself they are very very simple to do.

Just build them and save the shipping.Isn't that half the fun
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty350LT1 View Post
    i got them from a memeber on here that was selling his summit and had them. i bought them from him. haven't tried them yet really.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Just build them and save the shipping.Isn't that half the fun
    HahA!!! My workbench was littered with single opened links, until I figured out what worked for me. They got all over the garage, esp when using an air compressor to clean the Summit without scooping up the loose links first..

I DID have a lot of fun, except for the fact that it refuses to snow here at all, and I live in the Rockies. Once I figured out how many links worked for me, I put together a set in about an 1/2 hour I believe. They add an over-the top look to my VW Baja body.

That link I posted in post #3 above gives you two valid different ways to build a set, there are detailed pictures and also measurements of the chain so you know what to buy. There are also a couple of threads going back that talk about constructing sets as well if you do a search.
    Last edited by H2Ohaze; 12-17-2010 at 07:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I live near the rockies too and it won't snow here either. Otherwise I would already have some chains.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by H2Ohaze View Post
    HahA!!! My workbench was littered with single opened links, until I figured out what worked for me. They got all over the garage, esp when using an air compressor to clean the Summit without scooping up the loose links first..

I DID have a lot of fun, except for the fact that it refuses to snow here at all, and I live in the Rockies. Once I figured out how many links worked for me, I put together a set in about an 1/2 hour I believe. They add an over-the top look to my VW Baja body.

That link I posted in post #3 above gives you two valid different ways to build a set, there are detailed pictures and also measurements of the chain so you know what to buy. There are also a couple of threads going back that talk about constructing sets as well if you do a search.
    I've had two sets for about a year,set for the moab xl's and a set for the rock crushers......but alas no snow last year at all and this year got a little so far but it's not looking good...bummer
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    cool might have to make some chains for my crushers, we got a foot and half of settled snow. but 2.5feet fell so far this season, only the bottom inch is ice hard and slipppery though, and the top foot and a half has been soft powder since it fell going on a month now, the temps havent got warm enough to melt it and freeze it so its still powder. if it ever hardens though chains would be nice.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Competitor
    Cool. I'll have to look for videos of these snow chains.

RC Qualifier
    well i finally did some runs yesterday and last night and i have to say that these chains are awesome! I have video of a buddy and me with our summits doing some bashing in the yard will post video when i get the whole video done.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy