RC poster

Merry Christmas to my Summit!!!

I am a long time poster here but I could not access my account due to a forgotten password and a no longer active e-mail address so I made a new account. Now onto the reason of this post. A couple of months ago I was bashing the Summit on the beach when I got it really stuck on a piece of drift wood (it was a whole tree that had washed up) and I busted two drive shafts. She sat for a few months while I was busy with college and work but after missing out on the fun durning a freak snow storm (and the promise of more snow to come this weekend) I deided to get the old girl out, dust her off, and give her a bit of a build up.

Tonight I went to my local Hobby Town and picked up 4 Axial chrome 8 hole beadlock wheels, Proline Moad tires, and a set of Duratrax 5000mah 7 cell packs (that have the cells all laid out side to side instead of two rows of 3 with the 7th cell tacked on the end). I am waiting on a package from Tower Hobbied that has 2 sets of MPI cv drive shafts, 2 sets of red Traxxas push rods and 2 sets of red Traxxas tie rods. I was gonna get the push rods and tie rods for the bling factor but I am glad I did because upon looking my rig over tonight I saw that a tie rod and push rod were both bent in the rear (think I might have done that in transit).

Tires are mounted on wheels (all those little bolts kill your fingers!) and once I get my care package tomorrow, it will be a wrenchfest to get her up and running intime for the snow. Tonight I finally took the time to adjust the steering linkage to get rid of the servo buzz (wasn't bad but I got bored). I am gonna reset the slipper clutch because I belive I am running it a little tight (hence the broken drive shafts). She is stock other other the traxxas light bar, but I am looking forward to seeing how she rides with handles with the new shoes. I am gonna keep the stock wheels and tires if I wanna do any crawling, but i do alot of street driving and back yard pounding so I was wearing down the stockers quick.

I am also intrested to see runtime on the 5000mah packs. I have the set of stock 3000s that came with it, and I also have a set of 4600 Duratrax that I am happy with the run time with. The guy at the stor said that in addation to the 400 exta mah, packs set up side to side tend to have a longer run time because they are more efficent. I dunno, but it sounded good lol. I can't wait to see how she runs now!

RC poster
    I also picked up a set of double black springs for the rear along with some 30 and 40 weight shock oil. I had put double orange springs in the rear to get rid of the squat, and while it made it better, it wasn't gone. Instead of putting alot of preload into the shock, the guy a the hobby shop recomended the black springs, he said they were the stiffist Traxxas makes (4.0 lbs I believe).

RC Qualifier
    Sweet have fun in the snow, but watch out for hidden solid oblects under the snow
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC poster
    Lol, thanks. The now is falling and according to the UPS website, the package is out for delivery so I guess it is time I start surgery! Oh yea, I ordered a set of shock socks last night, figured why not lol

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you will have a fun night with some wrenching Let me know how those black springs do for you? I also have the double orange and am not to satisfied...When I put my moabs on my summit I geared down 1. They are heavier than stock then you add the bead locks...... I am thinking about taking the family TO the snow to go and play.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC poster
    Well, the black striped springs were too short so I called the guy at the hobby store and he said to bring them back and he will get me the right set (he has a Summit and says he has a set on his). I dailed in a little preload and added some thicker shock oil for the time being and it helps out alot. I already sheered off one of the pins on the drive shafts, but I called them up and they are sending me a new one. They also said that they are coming out with a kit that has 4 pins for like 6 bucks (instead of having to buy the rebuild kit that only comes with one pin and the the little "tube" piece for 12. The guy said that the new pins will also be a little stronger. They are ment to be the weak link, but the current ones are a little "too" weak. I got to play in the snow though and it was a blast! We are supposed to get another 8-10 inches this weekend so she will be seeing lots more play time!!!!