RC poster

Question How Cold is Too Cold?

I live in New Hampshire (US). Winter temps can dip well below zero degrees fahrenheit around here. I have a feeling my summit can likely perform in temperatures that I cannot, but I was wondering if anyone had run into any problems that they can directly relate to running in low temps?

From my winter airsoft experiences I expect sluggishness from the batteries NiMH and LiPo alike. Obviously if I run in snow I must take considerations for water run maintenance. I am also aware that colder weather can make plastic components more brittle and susceptible to breakage from impacts and such, but I'm not bashing so no worries. I have also run my summit into the 20s recently with no real problems. My tires eventually prune up from the cold since my beadlocks are apparently airtight but that doesn't do much more than make for a bit of speed-wobble.
    Please let me know if I'm missing anything or give meant feedback you might have, thanks.

RC Qualifier
    The only thing I have run into is when it gets stuck or flips and you have to go get it in about 2+ feet of snow... Otherwise I have not ran into any other problems. The body can crack easier in cold weather though, but I have never had that happen to me.
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Qualifier
    I've ran my summit in -30C(-23F) last winter. Only troubles was my fingers were freezing.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

ahh the famous my hands are frozen story LOL it's almost impossible to drive with both hands in your pockets
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    driving with gloves dosn't work either... I wish it did
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by the rc joe View Post
    driving with gloves dosn't work either... I wish it did
    Mechanics gloves work great
    4x4 Slash
    Summit
    Revo 3.3 BL---sold

RC Racer
    Driveshaft ends but really brittle and snap in -30C (-23F) Ooh and make sure you spray WD-40 all over your body clips before you go out, because otherwise they MIGHT freeze in place then you can't get the body off for a while ahaha
    6s MMM Summit
    6s MMM Maxx/KD chassis
    .26 Maxx