RC poster

Smile What is the biggest motor that will fit in my traxxas summit?

Hi i'm new to the forum and i just got a traxxas summit and was wondering what the fastest motor i could put in it i was thinking the mamba monster but do you have any other ideas

If you want it to crawl as well tekin rx8
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    ok, thanks but how fast do you think it would go

93 mph (see e-revo forum for "fastest e-revo challenge")
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    93 mph (see e-revo forum for "fastest e-revo challenge")
    Anything over 40 MPH and you won't be able to control the "Tire Wobble"
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

nastys correct. With the stock set up if you go over 40mph the tires will melt (well at least tear to shreds) and the suspension is set up too soft and too tall for good ultra high speed muneuvarability. But most good brushless set ups (tekin, mmm, novak, twin vxl) will net you at LEAST around 40 mph. But any higher you would have to change tires and the suspension set up.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

whatever you do do not hit anyone or anything at that speed.It will do damage be like getting hit by a ten pound rock at 40 ouch that's for sure gonna leave a mark
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    14.4v dewalt motor will run off stock esc

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...396505-21.html
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Racer
    I've been reading a lot around here about the dewalt mod. Does itmgive more acceleatiom or top speed? Still good for crawling? What makes it better than the 775? How is it on battery life? Thanks!

the dewalt has a lot more torque, which equals better acceleration (wheelies etc). The top speed would be roughly the same, the difference is with the dewalt you could "push the envelope" to achieve higher speeds and it will actually survive. (constant 5s lipo power, higher more aggressive gearing, bigger tires etc etc). And since they are both brushed both will be great for crawling and low speed control. Battery life? Its worse - but not by much, the extra torque and fun factor more than makes up for it. But in truth when buying a porsche do you really ask about gas mileage?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Yea all of the above That Noir Said , but dewalt is smoother running and you can change Brushes when they are worn. But man oh man does it eat battery time , heh heh hee i think mostly because you have more fun mashing it down to the floor . one good thing about the Trainer mode , you can use it to extend battery time . Thats what i do when i want to get longer run times. keeps my heavy index finger from killin the batteries

RC Qualifier
    The Dewalt 14.4 is great in this truck,I have a Momba in my SC truck and it's very fast but the Summit with the Dewalt is so much more fun to drive and if you keep the speeds to a sane level you do not have to see your truck vaporize in a 60MPH crash.My stock tires did not even take 30MPH.The shaking started in the mid 20s and I backed off before it flew apart.The Pro line Trenchers work much better unless crawling.I have 4000mah 30c lipos and can bash for more than 20 min and have never hit the LV alarm.The stock battery packs do not last long with the Dewalt and feel like 1/2 the power of lipos.