Thread: first big crash

RC Competitor

first big crash

i was out playing in the snow at a parking lot and hit a parking stop going to fast now what to do stock parts or hop-up parts any help would be great

Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Racer
    Wow I thought these trucks were tough. How fast were you going? I would replace broken parts with RPM if possible. Do you think the plastic was cold and brittle?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    Wow I thought these trucks were tough. How fast were you going? I would replace broken parts with RPM if possible. Do you think the plastic was cold and brittle?
    it is cold in chicago in the winter as far as how fast as fast as it could go with a 8.4v 4200mph can go. RPM is what i will most likely will do
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Champion
    I would replace all the broken parts with RPM and start replacing all the parts with RPM. It's cold here in the midwest and the plastic parts become brittle in the cold. I broke plastic parts of my tripod because of the cold temps. RPM is the way to! Any concrete or metal at speed is not a good way to stop your truck.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RPM parts would have broken in the cold as well. There's only so much abuse a part can take.

Thanks for sharing the carnage pics!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yeah, dont let a break like that get anyone down about the durability of the truck... if it had of been any truck, youd be dealing with broken parts too... maybe more. If it were a 2X4 pede or rustler you wouldent have had a bumper or shock guard.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yeah, dont let a break like that get anyone down about the durability of the truck... if it had of been any truck, youd be dealing with broken parts too... maybe more. If it were a 2X4 pede or rustler you wouldent have had a bumper or shock guard.
    Wanna bet......... rofl!
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Champion
    id replace it with the rpm arms, and as people have said no matter what truck it is, if it is cold enough and you hit something hatrd enough, something will break!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Racer
    Parts broken=new better cooler replacement parts. Or if you don't really give a hoot and its just a basher replace it with cheaper parts.

RC Competitor
    all fixed i put RPM arms ,RPM shock towers & up graded shock caps
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Do the shock guards work with the RPM arms still?
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Just wondering if a slash 4x4 bumper would have saved that arm?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

I just think the bigger slash bumper would offer more protection and can deflect the truck so that the wheel does not take the impact directly, like the pede 4x4 bumper failed to do. It sure has helped on my 2wd pedes. My slash 4x4 has taken some serious hits up front without taking any damage.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Do the shock guards work with the RPM arms still?
    ya the arms look the same all of the same holes
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In cold weathers it's always nice to boil the parts for 15 minutes more or less, they will be much more flexible and brake less...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Racer
    What I have found out so far>is that if you hit something hard while not thinking about what the outcome will be you will smash and break something!!!When I start realizing what could break I drive it better and more precise than just yanking the trigger back but it is verry tempting with this setup!!!

RC Racer
    The shock guards do fit with RPM arms! As far as the STOCK front bumper the 4x4 vxl allows you to dive and get front wheel drive traction and you pull out of jumps and hard landings!

RC Qualifier
    I just did this to mine today as well. In fact, i broke the same arm you broke. LOL. However, I was jumping a 18 ft wide trampoline and kinda missed the ramp and BAM right into one of the legs. Crazy how the big air and hard landing didnt kill it but the leg mishap did. Oh well, time for the RPM upgrade. This truck can take some abuse for sure! Good luck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lilstux4 View Post
    the funny thing is that i did the 2 times and broke my rmp arms put a ne set on and upgraded to a slash stock front bumper . this will help a lot 4 times the size and 6in longer

Show me the pics please!

RC Competitor
    the funny thing is that i did the 2 times and broke my rmp arms put a ne set on and upgraded to a slash stock front bumper . this will help a lot 4 times the size and 6in longer
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit