Thread: 4x4 in snow

RC Qualifier

4x4 in snow

I can't wait to get my roller as soon as I can and I bet this would be awesome in the snow. My 2x4 stampede is ok in the snow with chains but when I get the 4x4 I will put chains all the way around. Anyone have any experience yet?

RC Qualifier
    I ran my Slash 4x4 yesterday with a set of badland buggy tires on and it tore it up pretty good, better than I thought. I have made some chains for the stock Slash tires but haven't ran them yet. And now the snow's all melted, but I'm sure it'll be back. I can only imagine that a good set of tires, or stock with chains will do pretty well.

RC Qualifier
    The chains do well on my 2x4 stampede but I really want 4x4 to make it awesome for offroading

RC Competitor
    i went out in the snow with mt 4x4stampede last night i was good if you drive it slower at fast speed all it did has spin out
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Qualifier
    Ya I bet that's all it does with the talons

RC Racer
    Wouldnt be surprising if that was what happened
    Synthesis

RC Racer
    Stick some masher 2ks badlands dirthawgs or any other tire and some chains and I bet its unstoppable.... (well probably not...) but it would be pretty good. Waiting for some youtube videos to be posted!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN SPEED.. View Post
    Stick some masher 2ks badlands dirthawgs or any other tire and some chains and I bet its unstoppable.... (well probably not...) but it would be pretty good. Waiting for some youtube videos to be posted!
    where can i get them at it's snows in chicago til march so i will need them and the chains can i buy them oh do i make them?? thanks
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Qualifier
    I made some for my talons. Just go get some #16 chain at a hardware store and I just used needle nose pliers to bend the links around the tires and they work great

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedester' View Post
    I made some for my talons. Just go get some #16 chain at a hardware store and I just used needle nose pliers to bend the links around the tires and they work great
    Yes that is correct. Just make sure you don't take short cuts (take your time) and they will turn out very well and work amazing. I Know you can buy them for the Slash on ebay and stuff for like $16 or something.But I don't know if you can buy them for a stampede. It is still better to make them yourself, plus they can be totally custom.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN SPEED.. View Post
    Yes that is correct. Just make sure you don't take short cuts (take your time) and they will turn out very well and work amazing. I Know you can buy them for the Slash on ebay and stuff for like $16 or something.But I don't know if you can buy them for a stampede. It is still better to make them yourself, plus they can be totally custom.
    Yep and it really is easy to make too. I think I am going to stud my tires too by screwing some screw through the rim and tires and glue it so it doesn't come out.
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC Competitor
    do you guys think this is a good snow tire http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC poster
    Trust me 

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lilstux4 View Post
    do you guys think this is a good snow tire http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true
    Those would be much better than the stock talons but they would not be very good in the snow unless you made chains or just get paddles but I like the chains because they work as paddles and work great on ice

RC Racer
    must be nice to drive in snow we have snow considering i live in florida

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Haha... NICE driving in snow... ahhh... no. Everything gets wet and covered in ice... no traction, truck gets stuck all the time, fingers FREEZE... Id take dirt any day of the week.

But for 4 months of the year... its all I got.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Ya we got to improvise and it's not as enjoyable in the cold. But it is a lot of fun in the snow

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedester' View Post
    But it is a lot of fun in the snow
    Your darn right! My Pede loves the snow .
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    my 4x4 well probably never see the snow as neither will i!! lol its like 75 down here right now!! (;

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    Your darn right! My Pede loves the snow .
    Yes mine does too. Just has a little trouble with the deep powder. I really want a pede 4x4 or an e maxx but the 2x4 is workin for now

RC Qualifier
    I rigg all my talons with chains for snow/ice. I don't get all fancy w/ the chains. I Just bolt 5 chains around the 5 holes in the stock Talon rims. A massive Blast on snow and Ice!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    That'll work but if you to the chains the original way you get 10x better side bite.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3 View Post
    That'll work but if you to the chains the original way you get 10x better side bite.
    Thanks for the Project!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    NP, a close friend tried both ways on his 3905 e-maxx and he said it was a big difference in traction, especially when he plows with it.

RC Qualifier
    I bet it would be a blast to have an rc snowplow. I could take it with me instead of the snowblower when I go plowing and have some fun... I may have a new project involving an e maxx.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    I was thinking about doing that! It looks like a blast. I pretty much have it all thought out in my head, it can be done in a few hours. They even sell kits for the E-Maxx for like 100 bucks.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Racer
    all he used was part of a 5 gallon bucket, an erector set, some old springs, and a extra servo.