RC Enthusiast

Potential Summit for Sale...Feelers

I am considering selling my first foray into the "adult" rc world, my Traxxas Summit purchased last year. Honestly, I love this thing but with two other rigs and a third being funded, I just don't drive it anymore.

Since I am having trouble parting with the truck and haven't sold one before, please let me know if there is an interest and shoot me a pm on a price you think its worth....please just be fair. This truck sold brand new for about $525 at that time, and I have another $300 in upgrades and near new replacement parts.

Here are more details:

Traxxas Summit
    40-Series Moabs (minimal wear) on Axial black chrome beads, weighted
    Aluminum turnbuckles and push rods front/rear
    Two Bodies: Blue Summit w/cage and Black HPI Rubicon
    Radio included (note: this isn't the newer 2.4ghz sold today with the Summit)

Condition:
    Everything works great on this truck, cleaned after every run and I basically have stripped and detailed it twice since buying it in April '09.
    Servos are near brand new, first one died under warranty and the second I burned up and replaced about 2 months ago.
    There are the normal scratches on the bottom, and some on the bodies but no cracks or damage. Most of it came from abrasive quartz rip-rap around here.

I have an extra half shaft, and probably a few other parts lying around. Anything I find, will be throw in.

The photos attached were taken last Nov., but I had back surgery in December, so it hasn't been driven but a handful of times since then. The Rubicon body was brand new at that time, so it has a little trail graphics on it now and I can send updated pics if anyone wants them.

RC poster
    hi there,are you seling it or changed your mind,thanks

RC Qualifier
    You might want to REPOST this in the proper place...

IE : MARKETPLACE
    Traxxas T-Maxx ABMOD 33
    Traxxas Dual 700HO Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty350LT1 View Post
    You might want to REPOST this in the proper place...

IE : MARKETPLACE
    No feeler threads such as this belong in the vehicle forum. This thread would be removed from The Market Place and moved here where it already is.

The basic rule of thumb for a used vehicle is 50% of original buy price. Upgrades add little to no value on resale.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Unfortunately I have to agree with Dadx2mj......you usually dont get much extra for your upgrades....several nice Summit's out there for $350-$400....some get lucky and get $450 ish depending on accessories(batts, tires etc)

I just sold a 6 month 3903 2.4ghz Emaxx with over $330 in RPM and aluminum for $280....hardly seems worth selling...but I needed the $.$379 stock + $330= $709 got a lousy $280...oh well leason learned only buy what you are going to keep!!

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that is a beautiful summit. I love that body and tire/wheel combo. If I had any money, I would buy it from you. Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than $400, but that is just me and I know that others would disagree. Also, how did you paint the stock wheel wanabe beadlock rims black? I've got a white summit and the rims are red, so I would like to change the color.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Racer
    Thanks for that clarification. I was thinking it but didn't post it. I've seen Summits for as high as $900
    ERBE
    RUSTY VXL
    Summit 1518
    Merv & Mini Summit

RC poster
    I think people need to SUBTRACT the cost of the hop up from the retail price of a vehicle, not add. Most people want to personalize their vehicle to their liking. Buying someone's idea of a cool vehicle is like buying an apple with a bite already taken out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Buying someone's idea of a cool vehicle is like buying an apple with a bite already taken out of it.
    If that is true then I am driving a 4 wheel drive CORE.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    If that is true then I am driving a 4 wheel drive CORE.
    Then mine is like one the squirrels get. It has just a few nibbles but the rest is fine.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by larsen8 View Post
    Wow, that is a beautiful summit. I love that body and tire/wheel combo. If I had any money, I would buy it from you. Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than $400, but that is just me and I know that others would disagree. Also, how did you paint the stock wheel wanabe beadlock rims black? I've got a white summit and the rims are red, so I would like to change the color.
    Thanks for the compliment, I think it turned out nice too. The black paint on the beadlock rings did not last long at all. A few runs on rip/rap and there goes the paint right off.

The back surgery did not have the outcome I had hoped, but such is life. I will keep plugging away at the recovery and see how it goes.

As for the price, I will have to agree and disagree on some of the responses. People tend to apply the "general 50% rule" to all things, but as my brother would say about the car industry a vehicle is only worth what someone will pay for it. The NADA guide, Kelly Blue Book, etc. are worthless unless you know the real supply/demand in the market and what value the vehicle has to others. That said, I don't want to rip anyone off hence why I posted it here to get the opinions and I appreciate everyone weighing in on it. The conversations I have had with several LHS's is that people cannot find used Summit's out there and don't want to spend $530 for a new one. The upgrades I have done are still pretty standard, no changes that people would want to definitely undo.

Having said all this, I am not looking to take advantage of a dry market for used Summits, but I don't have to sell it either. Fortunately, I am not in a financial strain to get rid of it, as I just plan to spend the money on my new XR10 and other two rigs.

Thanks again for everyone's input, I do appreciate the candor. Happy New Year to you all and shout at me if you think it is of interest to you, and I will be happy to post it in the marketplace if it is officially "for sale".