RC poster

Repairs and Upgrades

Since the Stampede 4x4 will be my first RC truck / car I'd like to know if there are any good resources on the web to learn how to replace parts or repair the truck. I build and fly RC planes, but I've never worked on trucks.

Thanks.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by lkissell@psc.state.fl.us View Post
    Since the Stampede 4x4 will be my first RC truck / car I'd like to know if there are any good resources on the web to learn how to replace parts or repair the truck. I build and fly RC planes, but I've never worked on trucks.

Thanks.

Well your at IMO the BEST places on the web for knowledge,tips,etc. There are PLENTY of guys here with all kinds of honest and directing knowledge.
    Also Traxxas has one of the best customer support service in the hobby. You can check out their homepage for plenty of info on every vehicle/parts that they have in current production. And also info on a lot of their vintage/legacy stuff.

Look HERE for all your Stampede 4x4 needs,Parts,Exploded views,etc.

Welcome to the addiction!
    Last edited by dave00bear; 12-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    Since not very many people at all have one yet we can't tell you a whole lot. When you get it read the manual and it will tell you almost anything younneed to know

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedester' View Post
    Since not very many people at all have one yet we can't tell you a whole lot. When you get it read the manual and it will tell you almost anything younneed to know

Well, While the "owners manual" does have great detailed information....It is well..... a "owners" manual that supply's general info in regards to maintenance,operation and basic tuning info (esc settings,etc.) The OP in the way I take it is specifically asking more of the lines of "repairs" and how to "replace" parts. Which the owners manual does not cover. Think of it as the manual that comes in a new cars glove box. Yes it is very informative to a certain degree, but if someone breaks a part or needs to disassemble and replace...You need to look else where or obtain a "repair" manual.

And that is where the Traxxas PDF's of exploded views,parts list come in.
    They IMO will and can help out anyone that is "new" to the land vehicle scene.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by dave00bear; 12-03-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Qualifier
    On a mountain, S.W. Colorado and Nothern Illinois
    Well from experience with a 4x4 Slash (the parts Im referring to are the same between the two trucks).

•Get a different motor mount with the bigger bearing in it. (king headz or FLM)
    •Drive shafts are going to have issues after awhile of bashing. Many options out there... (some modded Tmaxx shafts are a cheap option)
    •As with just about any Traxxas vehicle, shocks. The shock shafts themselves to the upper cap popping off.

The easy way is go and serf the 4x4 Slash threads and see the different problems that people are having...That are almost the same truck...
    fine line between hobby and mental illness