Thread: Snow Driving!

RC Enthusiast

Wink Snow Driving!

Ok, I am new to the 4x4 but winter is coming up fast. And I'm looking forward to rip some snow! I want to know some cleaning tips, parts, and bad ideas. What is the best cleaning method for getting ALL snow off after session? What parts can i buy to reduce snow inside the body? Is the ProLine Under tray any good at protecting snow? Do I have to pock holes in tires to drive in wet compounds? Please give me any info you have about snow driving!
    Subaru Rally Team USA

RC Champion
    I made my own gaurds using lexan strips and ran them along the chassis after drilling holes and using 3mm screws1 I tipped my pedes over and let the snow melt with a fan blowing on them after running in snow. Thats what I'll be doing with my slash.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    I drove my VXL stampede in the snow a couple time this year. Using compressed air works very well to dry it off and is very easy as long as you start at one end of the car and work towards the other. or otherwise you will do what I did and just keep moving it around from piece to piece lol. There is not really much you can do to keep snow and stuff out of everything, and I dont think it is really necessary. The only thing I would get which I am planning on getting soon is an rpm gear cover to nothing can get in the gears. If your tires are glued correctly you won;t need to glue holes because water won't get in. But if it does DRILL a tiny hole (-don't poke, tearing is bad and could get worse over time-) and drive down a dry street to get the water out. Also drive at about half throttle down the street to get water out of the motor. I would advise staying out of slushy snow, it makes a big mess and sucks to dry everything off lol... just my opinion...
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Qualifier
    I would recomened a jconcepts overtray because they work so well that my intergy fan hasn't died yet, I give it 2 more days, also I recomened wd-40ing everything that moves just not the motor
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Champion
    I have a RTR and bought it last winter, run it knock out the snow, use air compressor if you have it. Disconnect battery, flip upside down and let dry. Works well for me, I have an outterwears cover coming for it to help save on cleaning.

RC Champion
    been using mine today. i have geared it low. as for the snow if it is to deep the whole chassis will fill up. i just turn mine over and let it dry.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus