Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7

    Question Inner & Outer Driveshaft (#7251 & #7250) alternative or hopup or help

    I got my summit and after 20min my Outer Driveshaft broke. My merv is running for 10months now, still with the stock/original diveshafts.

    Is there a hop-up / alternative that I can buy that will last longer?
    Or where can buy 7251, because no body has stoke?
    Or should I convert my summit to the merv suspension (I know itís more durable)

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    I guess the merv's shaft will fit the summit I'm thinking on replacing mines too, found to much rubbing against the arm already replace one broken arm not sure if it caused the problem but if it happens again will replace the safts.

    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...shafts-problem

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon/Sandbox
    Posts
    654
    Got mine last night and I looked it over pretty well. I compared it next to my hopped up merv. I will be ordering a set of RPM arms and then swapping in the traxxas cvds frm my merv. I have beat the snot out of 1 of my mervs with that setup on 3s and no breaks at all.........
    Wouldn't you like to know...

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    Oo. I didn't know that people are using anything else then 3S lipo's, I've only used 3s lipo's (Rustler,merv & 1/16 summit)
    (It just makes sense to use 3s, because you only get adapter that can charge 2 x 3s lipo’s (With a 6S charger), and you don’t get adapters for 2 x 2S lipo’s)

    Anyway:
    The merv driveshaft (7151) or cvds(7151x) apparently won’t work, due to the angle. But I’ll try my merv driveshaft(7151) tonight on my summit.
    Last edited by bam@vodamail.co.za; 11-30-2010 at 10:10 AM.

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bluffton, IN
    Posts
    172
    I'd be interested to know how this works... I just shredded a rear drive shaft.
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by bam@vodamail.co.za View Post
    Oo. I didn't know that people are using anything else then 3S lipo's, I've only used 3s lipo's (It just makes sense to use 3s, because you only get adapter that can charge 2 x 3s lipo’s (With a 6S charger), and you don’t get adapters for 2 x 2S lipo’s)
    I have an icharger and it comes with adapters for 2,3,4,5,6 cells lipo batt.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon/Sandbox
    Posts
    654
    My hyperion duo came with 2s-6s. But I also use a 2s for my son(4) he likes wide open throttle. I think that 3s on that would def break something
    Wouldn't you like to know...

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,766
    im not running lipo yet but ive had no issues with the stock drive shafts.the diff to wheel ones look alot better then the merv ones.on my merv with lipo i would keep on twisting the joints apart...

    could you post pics of the broken shaft ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I have an icharger and it comes with adapters for 2,3,4,5,6 cells lipo batt.
    That’s cool. So you can charge 2 x 2S lipo’s simultaneously
    I search everywhere and I could only fine the adapter that will allow you to charge 2 X 3S Lipo’s simultaneously

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    im not running lipo yet but ive had no issues with the stock drive shafts.the diff to wheel ones look alot better then the merv ones.on my merv with lipo i would keep on twisting the joints apart...

    could you post pics of the broken shaft ?
    I’ll take a picture tonight. I the meantime I’ll attached a picture that highlight where it broke out

    https://sites.google.com/site/bamgalary/
    or
    https://4197610600488180884-a-180274...attredirects=0

    Last edited by bam@vodamail.co.za; 12-01-2010 at 01:44 AM.

  11. #11
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by evanhuntrc View Post
    I'd be interested to know how this works...
    The merv outer drive shaft does fit, and looks like it can handle the angle. So the iner shaft is the shaft from the summit, and the outer is from the merv. Glad it works. Now i can drive again (Traxxas replay to my problem and said I must just wait until the local hobby shops are stocked with summit parts, but I found an alternative)

    So if you don’t find 7251 (Outer Driveshaft), a alternative is 7151 (merv Driveshaft)

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bam@vodamail.co.za View Post
    I got my summit and after 20min my Outer Driveshaft broke. My merv is running for 10months now, still with the stock/original diveshafts.

    Is there a hop-up / alternative that I can buy that will last longer?
    Or where can buy 7251, because no body has stoke?
    Or should I convert my summit to the merv suspension (I know it’s more durable)
    So if you don’t find 7251 (Outer Driveshaft), a alternative is 7151 (merv Driveshaft)

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m View Post
    Got mine last night and I looked it over pretty well. I compared it next to my hopped up merv. I will be ordering a set of RPM arms and then swapping in the traxxas cvds frm my merv. I have beat the snot out of 1 of my mervs with that setup on 3s and no breaks at all.........
    The Summit has the extended wheelbase Rear A Arms, so swapping in RPM would reduced the wheelbase a little. Just FYI. Or you could just upgrade the front to RPM and run the rear stock which I do on the Merv. Waiting patiently for the extended Rear A Arms or True Trac from RPM for the 1/16.
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa, RIP. 05 Sep 10.

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon/Sandbox
    Posts
    654
    [QUOTE=Nologicone Waiting patiently for the extended Rear A Arms or True Trac from RPM for the 1/16.[/QUOTE]
    I have emailed RPM 3 times asking about extended or a rear truetrack and have received NOTHING back. They have ignored me.....
    Wouldn't you like to know...

  15. #15
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bam@vodamail.co.za View Post
    So if you don’t find 7251 (Outer Driveshaft), a alternative is 7151 (merv Driveshaft)
    Do you think that the 7151x part # (steel drive shaft) would work? A temp fix until they (or 3rd party) comes out with a "x" version of the M-Summit drive shaft.

    I do not feel like replacing this part every 2 weeks, that is what it lasted me

  16. #16
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,766
    Quote Originally Posted by bam@vodamail.co.za View Post
    I’ll take a picture tonight. I the meantime I’ll attached a picture that highlight where it broke out

    https://sites.google.com/site/bamgalary/
    or
    https://4197610600488180884-a-180274...attredirects=0


    was it the plastic or the pin ?
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

  17. #17
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7
    The plastic broke out
    Now i'm not sure if this part is flimsy or i just had bad luck. (I was just cruzzing in the back yard, when it breaks. I'm reckless with my merv and the driveshaft is still stock)
    But my car is up-and-running again; just glad the merv outer shaft fitted my summit

  18. #18
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    was it the plastic or the pin ?
    the plastic for me...



    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...riveShaft1.jpg

    traxxas needs to come out with a aluminum option for the 7251 part to fix this problem. Mine broke after less then 2 weeks & most of the time I ran just 50% throttle with a 1200mAh NiMH w/ parallel cable.

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    KaNsAs
    Posts
    472
    So will the merv driveshafts work or are they too short? I'm confused
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monstaa View Post
    So will the merv driveshafts work or are they too short? I'm confused
    They fit fine.

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    KaNsAs
    Posts
    472
    Oh ok. I've never been a fan of the CVD's, glad to hear the merv ones work.
    Trust me...I'm a Doctor

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •