RC Racer

4x4 Slash chassis in 4x4 Stampede for racing with MT's?

I was wondering since the 4X4 Slash chassis is longer then the 4x4 Stampede. If you trim the sides off the 4x4 Slash chassis, would it handle better with the longer wheel base for racing against other Monster Trucks? Only changing the chassis nothing else. Providing your track would allow you to run it. It may provide less wheeling for racing also. Or would it just be a waste of time. Thanks
    It's adult proof, not child proof !

It would change the handling but like most things it would be a give and take kind of thing. It would be more stable at speed but it would be less nimble in the turns and not as agile diving in and out of the tight sections of the track.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

do you mean against other pede 4x4s or truggy's?
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    id be willing to bet there wont be a pede 4x4 class at the tracks. its not that type of truck. i have heard of a few places that do pede 2wd classes and its not really a race. its more of a flip fest.

however i run a slash 4x4 mt which would be exactly what your describing and it handles amazing......off road. i hate the pede chassis's. all they tend to do is pop wheelies. and yes thats cool but it gets annoying. with the longer slash chassis it becomes a true off roader. and it only pops wheelies if you really try.
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

RC Racer
    They run Tmaxx and Revo in the MT class. I just wanted to be different. During practice I ran my Vendetta SC and down the front straight. I could just tuck under the Revo. Pretty much pushing him. VSC is powered by VXL 3m. My thinking was the ST4X4 would be lighter than the Tmaxx and Revo. Hopefully that would be to my advantage along with not stopping for fuel.

If they will let you run it, you may be able to keep up. I would think the longer chassis would be a helper, assuming the track is a little larger.

RC Racer
    I would use the VXL esc with a 4.5 or 6.5 motor for power. I would be running 3s unless I end up using my MMM then I would use 4s. I just want a little better handling if it doesn't work out in stock form.
    Yes, it's an 1/8 scale track.
    The guys running the Tmaxx and Revo trucks. I don't know if it's their setup or the weight of the trucks but they seem cumbersome on the track. Heavy and slow in the handling department, maybe it's the driver and not the truck. Thanks

Can you run 30 series tires?

RC Racer
    I didn't think about that. I assume that they will let me from what I seen them let run together. 2wd and 4wd open together. I'm just trying to some in put from you guys because I now I can't think of everything. This site has a lot of info and I just want to thank everybody for that info. Thanks

What rules are you restricted by? That is the question.