RC Qualifier

A stick got stuck on the...

I was bashing the backyard and My slash just started to go really slow.
    I looked under the chassis and found a stick through the skidplate and on the driveshaft yoke thingy. It was rubbing so much it made my driveshaft yoke all smooth when i was driving. probably from all the heat. Now my slash is all wierd.
    Its making this grinding noise but it does not effect the speed. But my torque seems much less.
    Did i mess something in the tranny?
    1- Traxxas Slash 2wd Greg Adler edition

RC Champion
    Idk but what I would do if you cant find the source is just take the arms and everything off and clean it up and look for any other imperfections. Then when you reassemble it see if it still makes that noise. Just what i would do.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Man I took off the gear cover to find the spur gear mashed up AGAIN!
    This is the second one mashed up and im getting sick of it...

I put on my optional pinion and everything is normal.
    so its got to be the spur.

would going 32p solve from mashing spurs up
    1- Traxxas Slash 2wd Greg Adler edition

RC Qualifier
    I've had 32P on my slash for about a year now and dont see ANY wear on either gear.... just go 32P and be done with it.
    2x 2wd Slash|Slash 4x4 PE|MM E-Revo|Grave Digger

RC Racer
    you can go 32p but i run the stock and with vxl i have 2 slashes and have yet to hurt a spur running dirt, gravel, grass, street, etc.

if you have lots of pinions and what not to have to swap over just practice getting good mesh.
    well that cant be good...

RC Qualifier
    I have heard that rpm makes mor protective gear covers for the stampede, and they would probably fit a slash
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    I also have 2 slashes and have yet to have a gear problem with the pinion and spurs. I have blown the ring gear on the diff to all (you know what) but that's the only problem with the slashes. running up to 32p will give you slightly more hum from the trans but wont hurt performance.
    Waffles!

RC Qualifier
    Rpm does have a gear cover and I had 2 of them but both still let little pebbles in on 2 different trucks. I got tired of always stopping to pick out little pebbles from the spur gear and from getting non-circular spurs all the time that was impossible to set a gear mesh. Never had any of those problems since switching to 32P.
    2x 2wd Slash|Slash 4x4 PE|MM E-Revo|Grave Digger

RC Champion
    i used tohave that problem....now I just don't run a gear cover at all...and haven't had any problems....been using the smae 48pitchspur and pinion for a few months now...and I got about 9 back up spurs lol
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Qualifier
    I've gotta lot of miles on my 48p gears and haven't had much problems. I run my slipper on full lockdown and tossed the clutch spring which was the culprit of wobbly spur gears. Make sure you have your motor tightened down good and check often because when you land big jumps or have crashes the motor can slip in mount causing improper lash between pinion/spur resulting in them getting mashed or stripped.