RC poster

backslash conversion help 4x4

Been searching threads but most of the stuff seems to be for the 2wd slash. I'm looking to convert my 4x4 slash to a backslash, I need to know what parts work best for this conversion, any help would be appreciated or links to 4x4 threads as I can't find any. Does this conversion work well as the 4x4?

RC Competitor
    the basic backslash conversion consists of a wing and wing mount (prolines high downforce is popular, for the mount tekno's 8ight mount works great).
    17mm wheel adaptors (there are a few brands out there, AKA is popular, proline has some too now iirc).
    buggy wheels and tires (personal preference really, there are a lot of choices so you can't really go wrong).
    and a buggy body (there are a few that are proven to work, i used a mp777 crowd pleaser 2.0, the bulldog for the 8ight works too, there will be more thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

other than those parts you will need to modify or remove bumpers and body mounts, and rig up some kinda mount for the buggy body too.
    do a search just in this section of the forum for backslash and you'll find tons of info specific to the 4x4.
    U.E. Slash4x4, Summit-MMM

RC Champion
    The Backslash conversion works great on the 4x4. Really changes the performance for the better IMO. Here's the parts that I used.
    1- Pro-line Crowd Pleazer body for the Kyosho MP 777 about $25.00 Losi 8ight 2.0 also works.
    2- FLM 17mm wheel adapters $35.00 I tried the AKA adapters and IMO thery're a pain, you have to loctite them or they fall off.
    3- 17mm buggy wheels & tires They are some great deals on Ebay. I like Pro-line Calibers, Bowties, Revolvers and Badlands for bashing.
    4- Pro-line wing #6023-04 this part # is for the white one. They're about $15
    5- Hellfire wing mount, $8.59 at Tower right now.
    6- Opt Not neccessary but I put in a MMM 2650kv combo. Fast and heat issues go away.
    7- body mounts Just need to get creative to mount the body, it's not difficult. They're are Backslash threads on this forum with lots of pictures. Just a heads up, they're will be negative comments saying why not just buy a buggy. Don't pay any attention to it, just have fun with your project. You'll also get some good advice, there were some great Backslash builds on this forum.
    Last edited by Jones8352; 11-21-2010 at 01:32 AM.
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC poster
    nice, any links to the build forums? I searched and could not find them. thx for the detailed info^^^^^^

RC Competitor
    The search on the new forum is kind of nutty I haven't been able to find any of the backslash threads untill the posted the trick about changing bookmarks

here is 2 that I found helpful

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...kslash-Project

This one used some different parts then the "normal" parts list. I like the fact the Shocks in the rear are flipped to the back of the tower.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...slash-Finished