RC Champion

Driveline upgrades, compared to slash 4x4???

I was set on building a slash 4x4 into a monster until I read the numerous problems with running higher voltage and larger tires.

What does this truck have compared to the slash 4x4 to handle the larger tires and 3s on the vxl (or possibly larger motor and or more voltage)???

I read sealed diffs but I dont think diffs were an issue with slash 4x4 owners running MT tires. Mostly seemed to be driveshaft and stub axle bending problems.

I am currently building a revo but am actually running into the same problem (driveshaft/diff issues on 5s) so May consider this truck if It cant withstand the driveline loads!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    There is no difference at all between the Pede 4X4 driveline and the Slash 4X4 driveline... other than the main driveshaft is shorter on the pede. Every other part is exactly the same.

Im building a Pede 4X4 ultimate and already have all the parts compiled for when the truck arrives. I bought the King heads mount with oversize bearing and the TRX aluminum centre bearing adapter... ive been told these 2 parts make a huge difference. There is also a mod you can do where you put a tube over the driveshaft so debris can get to it... apparently its not difficult and works extremely well... search for it and youll find something.

The diffs IMO wont likely be a big problem on this truck. They are Revo spec... sure, they make have issues in a revo from time to time but that truck is 2X bigger than the pede and has tires that are WAY heavier. Im not really worried about the diffs on this truck at all but I guess only time will tell.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

What does this truck have compared to the slash 4x4 to handle the larger tires and 3s on the vxl (or possibly larger motor and or more voltage)???
    Nothing, that I have seen. Which means you could be on the right track, and troubles are looming on the horizon.

The diffs are plenty strong enough to hold up to 50mph with Maxx size tires, which is what 1 of my Slash 4x4's run, so with Stampede sized tires, I would think them bulletproof.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    There was mention of a higher ratio by an employee. It would be sweet if the new chassis and bulk/skid were designed to accept a larger spur, at least 58 tooth. If traxxas just throws an 11 tooth pinion in the box, I would have to agree with asheck. There will be problems unless we switch to a lower kv motor.
    It would be great if an employee could clear this up and explain the gearing comment...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Not an employee, but...
    IIRC, it was the rear bulkhead/skid that was a limiting factor for spur gear size. Since the part # is identical to the Slash part number, I feel confident you won't see any gearing options on the upcoming 4p4 that you couldn't already see on the 4s4.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    if the gearing wont be any different than the slash 4x4 there WILL be issues to deal with. the only option will be fans for both the esc and motor.

i have a feeling the castle SCT system will be a very popular upgrade for this truck. the extra torque it has will make it run much cooler
    Slash 4x4 MMP-HV 5.5
    Slash Sidewinder SC 3800kv

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Just may have to mod it myself. Cutting the plastic will not be a problem, keeping it strong and sealed will.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???