RC Qualifier

axels?? Suspension ?

I have a go ahead to get a new mini summit, But I got to sell my merv after.... I currently have cvds on my merv, will they fit on the new mini summit? How about the aftermarket traxxas aluminum rods? Should I just sell the merv with everything on it Or get the mini summit and switch the goods over??

Thanks
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC Racer
    I can't truely answer this question. I haven't received my Summit VXL yet, nor do I own a MERV. My thoughts on the matter though; You ask a tricky question. While the Summit VXL and MERV share many similar parts, the suspension and drive-line are different. While some S&D parts may be inter-changeable, most probably will not. If you have the funds, get the new Summit VXL and see what works (plus let us know here in these forums). If not, you'll probably get a higher price for the used MERV with the upgrades - depending on your selling method. Auctions can be finicky and local markets suck. Ideally keep both, since these are two separate animals designed for different playgrounds. Just depends on what you intend to do with it. Currently, the upgrade market for the Summit VXL is limited, but give it time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by choppermech11@m View Post
    I have a go ahead to get a new mini summit, But I got to sell my merv after.... I currently have cvds on my merv, will they fit on the new mini summit? How about the aftermarket traxxas aluminum rods? Should I just sell the merv with everything on it Or get the mini summit and switch the goods over??

Thanks
    Yes they will fit, also the aftermarket. I had the option of converting one of my erevos to the new summit but I prefer to sell it and get a brand new one.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I think I will get a new summit and convert the arms and cvds over then sell the mini. The kid will love a new red mini summit
    Wouldn't you like to know...