Threaded View

project 002: PART II: THE FUNKY GECKO WITH PERFECTED REAR STEERING (4WS)

Finally got a quiet weekend (kids with Grandma, my woman is at work, my team does not play untill monday night). So I put in more work on The Funky Gecko.
    original build thread:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...HE-FUNKY-GECKO

So far the front-front melded chassis has been dyed black and is doing well :

the Tekin RX8 is boxed and waterproofed:

and the body is all prepped:

But as I mentioned in my prior post the chassis is much longer than I had anticipated (actually 1:6 scale) wich is pretty neat - it allows me more space for the boxed Tekin, a second rx box (for future electronics) and a larger motor if I choose.

But my body was still 1:8 scale and when I fitted the new body - It was too short!! In the back was the exposed rockers, axle and rear springs. I was thinking of how to cover up the rear (plastic box, cut and stretch the body, re-do and shorten the chassis etc etc) then I thought "Why?", Its The Funky Gecko - just make it funkier. P-FUNK . (Thats old school Parliament Funkadelic for you young cats.):

And so instead of covering up the rear I left it exposed and grafted on a partial roll cage with LED "off-road" lights.

Last edited by noir 522; 11-14-2010 at 04:42 PM.