Banned by Warnings nitroboy543x's Avatar

Lightbulb weed wacker engine powerd rasor scooter

i want to modify my rasor to be gas. first i would weld a gear oto my shaft of my engine, then i would bolt a gear to the rear wheel, and make the wheel holder wider also. then i would connect the 2 wiht a chain and some how mount the engine. what do you think? i want ideas

RC Turnbuckle Jr. PedeDestroyer®'s Avatar
    yo! thats a cool idea. Maybe you can extend the rear axle and put a bicycle chain holder thing to make it go from the engine to the axle. thats cool. How would u get it to excelerate? Would you have a throttle control or just start it up and it would go? Hope you have fun!
    You may have the fastest RC in the world, but if you dont have skill to drive it......

My Website:
    www.geocities.com/jeprofaci

You would need to figure out some sort of clutch for it. Otherwise when you slow down, you will stall, and you will have to get a running start to get going (you would have comprsion breaking though). Maybe you could adapt a mini bike clutch.
    Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

http://community.webshots.com/user/fanman_2000

well oddly enough it has a clutch. i want to take it off, andmake it direct drive this way i can start it just by pushing it, and once its warmed up, it should fire up in a couple of kicks

If it has a clutch, then you have the hardest part of the motor mods done. Is the hub of the rear wheel plastic or metal? If it's metal, then you can have a gear welded right on to it. If it's plastic, then you will have to figure something out...like someway to bolt it on.
    Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

http://community.webshots.com/user/fanman_2000

well its plastic. so i would just take a gear,and a nother pice of metal, drill 4 holes thru and bolt them together.. but i still need to widen the back part of the wheel holder.. im gonna need to open it like a inch...

RC Champion
    hmmmm. if you're going to use the roller blade type of wheel on the scooter, you will have absolutly no traction. i would get some other type of rubber wheel and hook it up w/ that.. this should come out nicely.
    If It AiNt BrOkE U aInT TrYiN !!!

"Jumping is easy, it's the landing that is hard"

RC Qualifier
    Where Ever I Find A Nice New Cardboard Box That Hasn't Been Rained On!!!
    Try lawnmower wheels! they work for a variety of things!! thanx Travis
    Brushless will be held by me with in the next year!!!!

RC Racer
    that sounds tight

Banned by Warnings
    ok go here and look at thses scooters they are cool.

i want one of htses maybe next year il get one

http://www.bigboyscooters.com/

those are nice

Banned by Warnings
    good luck, dude, this will be close to impossable to do. I know razors inside and out. first of all, the deck is to small to mount an engine, you'll need to build and extender. Second, you will need to mount a gear onto the wheel, since there are bearings, witch will bring you to the last problem, the rear axel. it will be extremely hard to widen the rear fork, there will be no brake, because you'll have to remove it!!

Kevin

Thumbs up

It would be much easier to modify a regular kick scooter. I did one up about a year ago with a 2 cycle snow blower engine (waaaay to much power).

I got some good ideas at Tzi's scooter page, I see someone did up a razor, and that can be seen here.

Good luck with your project!
    Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

RC Champion

Go-Ped

If your going to do it, just to do it, then go ahead. If you are going to do it so you have a motorized scooter then I would get a Go-Ped. They're about $500.00 bucks. I've got one and they are SO much fun!

Andrew
    All side view mirrors should say "Objects in mirror are LOSING!"

i dont want to spend 500 on a goped. why woild i spend 500$ when i coud use some s alum, my old whppy snipppy motor, and my friends rasor that he left at my hous and forgot about then he moved and get the same goal

toddkisell
    i made a gas powered scooter last summer out of a homelite 25cc weed whacker engine and a scooter from toys R us with direct drive. ive got some pics of it if i find out how to post them i will!!

toddkisell
    oh yah i forgot to say it cost me about 300$ canadian to do it for everything!!!

RC Racer
    i bet those would make for some cool stoppies
    I'm the ice cream man baby stop me when i'm passin by.