RC Enthusiast

Dynamite fail safe WORK or NOT ?

I am getting so much conflicting stories about the failsafe and the tq3 radio system...........DOEs it work or NOT???

RC Qualifier
    YES the DYNAMITE failsafe works with the stock T-Maxx radio gear. I know that because I use one and it saved me countless numbers of times!
    Just having fun! (I mean racing)
    Check out my web site
    www.geocities.com/themaxx382

RC Champion
    MY failsafe was a little stange at first but some adjustment of the throttle/brake linkages and the failsafe point and it was fine.
    When i die Lord please dont have me come back as a skidplate!MIB member of the 1/8 buggy malitia ,have a look at our site reviews ,mods and more at http://mysite.freeserve.com/MaxxskunkworksU.K

RC Qualifier
    ihave two, on a 4-tec and a t-maxx, and they work great

RC Enthusiast

CAN I

Can i use it with 4 rechargable 1600mah 1.2 volt ni-mh batteries,instead of a hump pack?

RC Champion
    Yes,all rechargeables are recommended.Do not use standard drycells as the failsafe cant detect the voltage drop in time and doesent get chance to return off your throttle servo.Did you know that standard dry cells only stay at 1.5 volts for 30% of their life and then drop to under 1.2 volts so even 1.2 ni-mh rechargeables(4) will be far better than drycells,re-chargeables will stay at 1.2volts for the majority of their use.If you use the standard battery holder use an elastic band aruond it to keep the batterys snug.
    Last edited by MAXXIMUS OUTPUT; 03-22-2002 at 04:59 PM.
    When i die Lord please dont have me come back as a skidplate!MIB member of the 1/8 buggy malitia ,have a look at our site reviews ,mods and more at http://mysite.freeserve.com/MaxxskunkworksU.K

RC Enthusiast

maxx output

do you use the stock battery holder?
    Plus,how many tanks do you get from a full charge on the radioshack ni.mh's you have??

RC Enthusiast

feedback

feedback

RC Qualifier
    I use Panasonic rechargeble AA batteries and It lasts for like 6 hours of playtime!
    Just having fun! (I mean racing)
    Check out my web site
    www.geocities.com/themaxx382

RC Champion
    I use a humpback,but i carry the battery holder with ni-mh batts when im out as a back up.