RC Enthusiast

mini e revo vs mini summit which is the better basher

I was just about to pick up mini e revo when I first here about the mini summit now I'm confused on what to buy! .

RC Qualifier
    the Merv is a better all rounder I think, I cant imagen the sumv keeping up with it on dirt for handling, I think the sumv would be better for rough dirt paths, taller grass and deeper snow, I don't have one so I can't compare... ...yet
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC Racer
    the sumv could compete with the merv or relly close to it becuase its the same thing sept for tires an minor adjustment on gearing excluding visual just preformance a theory in my head

RC Champion
    put it this way, the summit is basically 100% offroad with on-road capabilities but with the tires its not fit for on-road.

the merv is off-road but it isn't souly centered on it, its more of a hybrid between on-road and off-road, leaning towards the off-road though.

just take a look at the tires traxxas put on them, the talons are good off-road (kinda but also work on-road, not paticularily well though) and the geodes are basically offroad set. You could take the sumv onroad but its not ment for that atall imo. Of course with some tire changes both could be on-road off-road, whatever.

If your more off-road based, get the summit.
    If your 50-50 or on-road based, get the merv.

thats my .02 for yah
    Last edited by SLASHPEDE; 11-08-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    yes! everyone keep calling the mini summit sumv!
    anything can be fixed with duct tape and zip ties

RC poster
    I think the MERV is better only because it is capable of doing alot more than the sumv. The MERV can go off road and on road- however off road isn't as good as the sumv. However, the sumv isn't very good on road.

I'm also new to the hobby and the MERV was my first car. I kept on looking for a good all around car/ truck. Finally i chose the MERV and it is amazing on the street, on dirt, gravel, and short grass.
    MERV= great choice!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    this is funny to me being I don't see anyone with both trucks running them back to back to really compare the two?
    In my opinion, I would buy the Mini Summit over the Mini Revo, just for the sole reason it has bigger tires and greater ground clearance
    and keep in mind with my opinion I have a Mini Slash and love it and if want a bigger jump by going with the Mini Summit

and when I do want to run on road I will lower the Summit and put on some on road tires

and going back to the OP, the Mini Summit would make a better basher
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    I'm having the same debate. I'm leaning towards Summit b/c it can do everything the revo can do,..but the summit seems to be the superior rock climber (which is fun once in a while). It's also bigger so it's looks more like a 1/10th than a 16th. Size matters!! lol

RC Qualifier
    The mini summit it not a rock climber. And then again that all depends on your deffination of rock crawler. I tired to have it climb im small rocky area stock with very little luck. I did how ever take it in short and tall grass without any issues at all. Also took it in an up hill/rock hills which it did well on. I have a merv as well. Which I have on the road 90% of the time and the on flat dry dirt. I feel the merv is all on road in my eyes. At least thats my setup. The times I have taken it off roading its run but there cant be "larger" rocks and higher grass.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    I'm having the same debate. I'm leaning towards Summit b/c it can do everything the revo can do,..but the summit seems to be the superior rock climber (which is fun once in a while). It's also bigger so it's looks more like a 1/10th than a 16th. Size matters!! lol
    I think a great idea to make it a better crawler if someone wants, is to try a lower kv motor like 1500kv for better crawling speeds and that would make for much longer runtimes to
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    get the summit cause it has better drive shafts and just buy the merv rockers and some smaller tires and then you will have both trucks.
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I own both, must say the summit is an off-road vehicle, while the merv can do a little bit of both worlds (+10mph)

Last edited by RC-Fan; 11-25-2010 at 03:57 PM.