Do you honestly think his behavior will keep his sponsors? Not if they want to keep a family image...... just my 0.02 anyways.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Enthusiast

Kyle Busch really sponsored by Traxxas?

OK i know its 2 different series, and he is sponsored for the truck series, but did anybody see about todays sprint cup race? Busch is such a cry baby, he spun out, got caught speeding on pit road, and then flipped off an official. I really cant stand the guy. Traxxas is such a good name and i just cant understand why they would sponsor someone like that.

RC Qualifier
    Its all about the "face" of a company. A young hip looking guy endorseing Traxxas. personaly I thought it was kind of funny he fliped off a offical and got docked 2 laps.LOL. Its like he's also sponsored by NOS energy drink but after a long day of sweating in a hot racecar for how many hrs when there on camera do you think they realy wana be drinking some nasty energy drink? Its all a show

RC Enthusiast
    True true.

They only show the "bad" stuff the drivers do every once in a while on TV. That kind of stuff actually happens alot more than people think or ever get to see in a Nascar TV broadcast. The radio transmissions are heavily sifted and censored through before they even allow what is "actually" said to be heard through your TV.

A buddy of mine has the radio scanner that you can actually listen to the team's radio chatter while you are at the race track and he said you wouldn't believe some of the stuff those guys say. He was telling me that they constantly are cursing up a storm over the radios.

RC Champion
    Oh yeah, uncensored radios are something else. I've been going up to loudon with my dad for the past few years now and we got scanners, some guys get a little POed, like Jeff Gordon...
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Qualifier
    Love him or hate him ( I think he's big richard myself ) but the little punk can drive a race car, race truck or anything he get's in to. You guys gonna tell me that you've never given anybody the finger? or two for that matter? Big deal, that sort of idiotic behavior is just what NASCAR needs, that and Jeff Gordon pretending he's a tough guy. They don't need anymore corporate vanilla drivers.... Just say no to Jimmie Johnson!
    assembled in Tawain, hopped up in America

Kyle won at Homestead tonight and the took the NCWTS drivers championship along with it.

Saw something interesting on the rear deck of his truck in victory lane, couple trucks done up like his Truck series #18 Traxxas rig. one was presumably a Slash 4x4 but the other one... ohh the other one, it was an onroad style with a truck body. Looked to be bigger than the Rally VXL. What am i missing here? Is Traxxas actually coming out with a 1/10 on road offering?? i should say it sure didn't look like a 4tec either. looked electric for sure, there was nothing popping up through the back deck that was quite low.
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-19-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Do you honestly think his behavior will keep his sponsors?
    Yes (see below)

Quote Originally Posted by racefan2430 View Post
    Traxxas is such a good name and i just cant understand why they would sponsor someone like that.
    Because a winner is a winner is a winner ............................

Superjet34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Kyle won at Homestead tonight and the took the NCWTS drivers championship along with it.

Saw something interesting on the rear deck of his truck in victory lane, couple trucks done up like his Truck series #18 Traxxas rig. one was presumably a Slash 4x4 but the other one... ohh the other one, it was an onroad style with a truck body. Looked to be bigger than the Rally VXL. What am i missing here? Is Traxxas actually coming out with a 1/10 on road offering?? i should say it sure didn't look like a 4tec either. looked electric for sure, there was nothing popping up through the back deck that was quite low.
    There is nothing currently being offered by Traxxas in the 1/10 electric on-road. The model that we have with Kyle's body is purely a mock up for display.

You should send me one to "demo" on my 1/10 onroad... i have been looking for a NCWTS truck for it....
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    Hey, I joined this forum because I'm a Kyle Busch fan, and would like to thank Traxxas for sponsoring him. I think it's great to see Kyle win all 3 races that Traxxas sponsored him in, and the extra coverage with winning the Camping World Truck Series Owner Championship. He's also done a great job getting the Traxxas name out there through ESPN's Riding Shotgun With Kyle Busch where he raced R/C cars with Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon, footage of him playing with an R/C car in his raceshop, and the R/C races he's held with other racecar drivers like the boat one at Homestead. Ironically, it was Austin Dillon who is sponsored by Bass Pro Shops who won that one.

Kyle Busch got into R/C cars when he worked in a hobby shop when he was younger, and has made me want to pursue an interest in them as well. I hope Traxxas can sponsor Kyle in more races in the coming future, and that they can acheive much more success with each other.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Todd Bodine won the "driver's championship" a couple of races ago.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by robs4rc View Post
    Todd Bodine won the "driver's championship" a couple of races ago.
    Yeah, I alread corrected him in my post where Owner is highlighted.

By the way, Kyle raced only 16 of 25 races and did finish 14th in Driver points.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by racefan2430 View Post
    OK i know its 2 different series, and he is sponsored for the truck series, but did anybody see about todays sprint cup race? Busch is such a cry baby, he spun out, got caught speeding on pit road, and then flipped off an official. I really cant stand the guy. Traxxas is such a good name and i just cant understand why they would sponsor someone like that.
    I agree! Kyle Busch is a big cry baby and a spoiled brat. I can't stand him.

I HATE to see Traxxas link up with somebody who is so unprofessional.

RC Enthusiast
    Kyle busch is my favorite nascar driver. And i own and love traxxas cars!!!
    Traxxas emaxx 3903, Traxxas stampede 3605

RC Qualifier
    What kind of truck is Busch holding???

http://traxxas.com/index.php?q=img_assist/popup/28007

Is this Traxxas's next BIG thing!?

RC Enthusiast
    It would be great if they made the truck he is holding in nitro

RC Enthusiast
    Like him or hate him you got to admit the kid can drive. Actually watching the races is how I found this forum. I would like to see Traxxas sponsor him again here in 2011.
    One run at a time. Then pick up the pieces.

RC poster
    im from england so im not that sure but is kimi raikkonen going to be driving with kyle busch.its just that im a big fan of formula 1 so id like to know and i like my rc's, that will give traxxas some attention
    Last edited by CharlieT; 04-24-2011 at 04:01 PM.

RC Racer
    well all i can say is you dont have to like him, but you got to admire what he does sometimes. he reminds me of shane hmiel, minus the throwing away of the career (you all know what im talking about)
    Martin
    Shaftsburyslingshot21

RC poster
    After putting Ron Hornadays life in danger by intentionally turning him into the wall at Teaxas tonight-Nascar should park Kyle for the remainder of the truck races in 2011 . Traxxas, Why would you sponsor someone who gets bad publicity and has such disrespect for the sport that you support him in??? Better yet why are you supporting somone who has no respect for you or the fans of Nascar? He was representing you tonight???? Nascar would do just fine without KYLE BUSCH!

RC Competitor
    The point is, Kyle has NO right to intentionally put otheres life at risk because he "got fed up"..... The racetrack is not a place for childishness... PERIOD!
    2 TMaxx 3.3/TMaxx 2.5R/Slayer Pro 3.3

RC Champion
    I think he finally made it clear what kind of a person he is. Traxxas, there are better racers who deserve your sponsorship money. Time to back out, you don't want your name on his truck.

Absolutely unacceptable.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Kyle bush is a piece of trash traxxas should drop him like a bad habit That was the lowest form of racing that i have ever seen lo down dirty racing in a series that he is not even running for the points took out the point leader bad for bush traxxas you really need to think about the kids that watch this because kyle is a bad role model for the kids
    MINE ARE FASTER THAN GPS!!!

RC Champion
    yeah the guy needs a "lesson" in driver etiquette
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC poster
    What a DB ! He should get banned for the year for doing that , any driver that acts like that should get banned .

What if the other driver had died ? He should have attempted manslaughter charges filed against him IMO .

RC Racer
    I do not think that an incident like that should be acceptable to any sponsor, Traxxas, Mars Candies or anyone. Qudos to Nascar for punishing him. I'd also think that Coach Gibbs should take a long look at his driver and contemplate replacing him. IMO, he's always been a hothead.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Qualifier
    the yellow flag was out for like half a lap before it happened too!!!!
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC Champion
    Well here in the UK there aren't such exciting off road racing classes that are commonly broadcast but it doesn't stop drivers fooling about at in Formula 1. Look at the Spa 2011 race.
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    If hockey players can be charged criminally for using a hockey stick in a fight why shouldn't Busch be charged for using his vehicle a weapon. Everyone knows that accidents happen. But Kyles actions were clearly blatant and intentional. Thank goodness for all of the safety gear that has been mandated over the past few years or this could have been a deadly assault. That is exactly what this was an assault.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Competitor
    Kyle is a big 'ol Richard when it comes to etiquette but he can wheel a racecar or truck with the best of them. Traxxas should be very happy to their name on the side his truck a few times a year. He's either winning or Hamlin's winning with it on there, or he's slamming the old man in to the wall over and over. Bad publicity is still publicity and Kyle as juvenile as he acts just gained a few fans more not racing like a corporate suck up.
    RUSH 补共 -Made in Taiwan, made faster in America

RC Competitor
    Ok after his antics @ the end of this year I hope traxxas leaves him as well as his other sponsors. I don't think there is any room for people like that in racing he could have really hurt people. Dumb punk kid!

RC Competitor
    If I am not mistaken, Isn't Kyle Busch the one who Gibson gave a super nice Les Paul and he smashed it right there on the spot? Either way I am not a Kyle fan at all.
    T-Maxx 3.3 #4907
    NEA-RC Club

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas can't sponsor a guy like that... Ken Block is the one to sponsor!
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by wiscnitro View Post
    Its all about the "face" of a company. A young hip looking guy endorseing Traxxas. personaly I thought it was kind of funny he fliped off a offical and got docked 2 laps.LOL. Its like he's also sponsored by NOS energy drink but after a long day of sweating in a hot racecar for how many hrs when there on camera do you think they realy wana be drinking some nasty energy drink? Its all a show
    They don't actually drink the energy drink. Trust me I used to be huge into NASCAR (back when it was called that) and I watched a show and they Said that all it actually was was just some water put in a can with the sponsors packaging wrapped around it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseSlash View Post
    Traxxas can't sponsor a guy like that... Ken Block is the one to sponsor!
    That's exactly what I thought ... I mean he was awarded as one of most influential people in sports!

RC poster
    I was telling my dad that they should make a NASCAR model but Traxxas doesn't really sponsor any NASCAR drivers, if they do make a NASCAR model, I hope that Ryan Newman is a body.