RC Racer

Face-lifted Stampede VXL, the VXLi

hello!

I just designed a new body for the Stampede, I call it "Stampede VXLi".
    here's the design:

hope it's nice !.
    any comments?!
    Sorry for my bad English!

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Question, why is everybody using 'i' in their product names? iPod, Hyaundi ix35, i45, i30, i20, and countless other places! (i know I spelt hyaundi wrong)
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Oh yeah! Nintendo DSi! Nice design, looks like Chev silverado.
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Qualifier
    it seems to be the cool thing to do at the moment... give it a while and it will be replaced with something else new, it always does

perhaps someone might start adding a silent "q" to the end of every word instead
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Competitor
    In 1976, Volkswagen introduced a new and powerful injection engine, when it was common with carbureted. The letter "I" for injection was added and the term GTI was launched.

RC Racer
    Thanks for comments!

I just added "i" just for distinguishing (I mean people now can distinguish my design and the original body of the stampede by just names)... but I really dunno why I didn't used other word instead of "i",neither!.
    Last edited by D@nooshTRX; 11-05-2010 at 08:26 AM.

I would think the fact that one exists and the other is simply a [very nice] drawing would be enough to distinguish the pair. Thanks for sharing.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    The body looks great, and you can draw really well. Wow.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Champion
    wow looks awesome i wish traxxas would make a body like that
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    thanks guys... I appreciate your comments!
    BTW, I'd be really happy if someone tell me how can I show my design to the Traxxas design team (or Proline design team)...I'll do that 4 free...or I just get from them a Summit (1:10 #5607 red) and an ERBE (#5608 Black with red lines).

you know...I don't have enough money to buy my dreams... (a Summit and an ERBE and "Belt cp v2" )

RC Racer
    Looks nice - and @RustinRR - it's Hyundai, and they were around way before the iPod was invented.
    Nitro Rustler 2.5

RC Competitor
    That's a nice sketch. Do you have any means of making it for real?

TRXse7en
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
    That's a nice sketch. Do you have any means of making it for real?
    It would cost probably about 10,000.00 to get this body made, revised, tweaked to actually fit body mounting locations (bed section is way too low), and finalized with a production tool. Sketch to reality is a HUGE gap. It looks nice though. Great artwork.

RC Racer
    really? it'd costs about 10K $? w.o.w... BTW, thanks for your comments but one thing... why don't R/C manufactures make the bed section of monster trucks low (or lower)?

why don't R/C manufactures make the bed section of monster trucks low (or lower)?
    Usually because they need the room to clear the suspension of the truck.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by D@nooshTRX View Post
    thanks guys... I appreciate your comments!
    BTW, I'd be really happy if someone tell me how can I show my design to the Traxxas design team (or Proline design team)...I'll do that 4 free...or I just get from them a Summit (1:10 #5607 red) and an ERBE (#5608 Black with red lines).

you know...I don't have enough money to buy my dreams... (a Summit and an ERBE and "Belt cp v2" )
    I'm not sure what your truck body "changed," other than maybe a Chevy grill treatment. As, at the end of the day, a truck is a truck is a truck.
    For the most part Traxxas isn't going to change a body design unless they bring out a new model of the Stampede, and aftermarket companies like Proline don't generally make bodies for RCs that aren't raced or aren't sold in really high numbers as it's very cost prohibitive to bring new designs to market.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by D@nooshTRX View Post
    really? it'd costs about 10K $? w.o.w... BTW, thanks for your comments but one thing... why don't R/C manufactures make the bed section of monster trucks low (or lower)?
    To clear the rear suspension, the body would have to be as higher (overall) as you made the bed deep.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post
    It would cost probably about 10,000.00 to get this body made, revised, tweaked to actually fit body mounting locations (bed section is way too low), and finalized with a production tool. Sketch to reality is a HUGE gap. It looks nice though. Great artwork.
    we used to make rc bodies at school for just a few .

RC Racer
    I'm not sure what your truck body "changed," other than maybe a Chevy grill treatment. As, at the end of the day, a truck is a truck is a truck.
    can you tell me what you mean?! you know, I can't understand what you said "I'm not sure what your truck body "changed," other than maybe a Chevy grill treatment" if you mean I copied chevy's model, you're wrong. I just saw one Monster truck in "Monster Jam" TV program and then this design came to my mind.