Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I race, I bash, I have 2 Predators and a Truggy. I enjoy working on them as much as I do running them. I guess that's how I keep my interest.

I've had a few financial setbacks, and also with the economy and things have been shelved as far as racing is concerned just temporary though, I still work on them for when things start looking more optimistic financially speaking.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    I'm lucky enough to live near a great bunch of bashing and racing areas. There is a track (Dirtrunners) about 30 minutes from me which I raced at. Not so much anymore but still go there when I have the time. I mostly go to a local school parking lot about 2 minutes from my house now. There is a large freshly paved parking lot for speed runs and makes for a great place to run the brushless Rustler, bike and nitro 4-tec. Next to that is a huge field that is always mowed short (soccer field) that I run the Tmaxx and Rustler on.
    To keep things interesting, I also fly planes and helicopters. really depends what I want to do when I go out. My wife isn't into the hobby, but she will occasionally go with me and bring the kids and play at the park. Its in the same area..
    I used to go run alot more, but parental responsibilities and work have put a damper on that. That may be a good thing as I usually look forward to running instead of considering it a "chore".... I'm lucky enough to have a good friend that loves to run as well.. We go at least once a week for a couple of hours. He runs with his kids during the week, I have to work longer hours...
    I used to love to tinker with the cars, but I don't have that kind of time anymore.. Thankfully except for the bike and helicopters, the other r/c's are pretty much run, clean and put away...I will occasionally run my stuff at my condo when I don't feel like going anywhere.. most of the time during the summer when we are hanging around the pool or in the back yard.. There is a huge field just behind my condo, but with all the goose poop, I tend to fly the helicopters there instead of running the cars... Its amazing how much goose poop a truck will pick up and how it gets into everything...
    Last edited by cenracer1; 11-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    For me it is like getting to put a model kit together and instead of putting it on the shelf to collect dust I get to drive it and have fun and then clean it and tinker with it somemore. Or do what I did with my nitro sport and now it is an E-Sport.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Competitor
    I got started about 15 years ago...with a stampede. It came in a bunch of parts and had a mechanical esc (which was shortly replaced); I also remember getting bearings and a speed gem motor. A guy I worked for at the time had purchased a sledgehammer and we used to race around the parking lot after work...it was a lot of fun.

Then the need for speed got me and I went to the nitro side and ended up with a Nitro Rustler...I had a lot of fun with it, but it was a lot more difficult to have fun with this truck, constantly tweaking stuff, messy, but back then, if you wanted to go fast, you had to go nitro.

Sometime after that I wanted another monster truck and ended up building a JPS Clod Buster. It was a build featured in RC Car Action and I spent a very unreasonable amount of money building it to exactly the same specs as the mag. It was sweet looking, but almost to nice to use...and it was kind of a scale truck, not very quick.

So back to nitro I went...this time, Ofna Monster Pirate. As far as nitro went, this was by far my favorite. But it still had all the hassles of nitro. This thing was a beast though, fast, durable and big. All good things.

After getting tired of the nitro again, I took a 7 or 8 year break. Had a couple of kids...which are now just about old enough for their own RC's; and decided it was time to jump in the fire again. I was very excited to see the leaps that brushless had made and how the traxxas line up continued, and only became more durable.

I ended up with a vxl Stampede, a nitro 4-tec (being converted to brushless), and a vxl protrac rustler is in the works as well.

So what has kept me interested? I know the leaps in electric is what brought me back, the simplicity and increased run time is so nice. Plug and play. The kids (and adults) all love to see small vehicle going 50ish. It's just easy fun right now, though it would be nice if I could sucker a few others into joining me...or I could buy a couple of 1/16 for the kiddos...? Oh, did I mention that there's a ABA BMX track about 5 minutes away?

Kind of feel like I'm rambling...I will see if I can dig up any photos of some of the old stuff.

RC Champion
    I love doing things with my hands, like working on stuff. That's part of the reason I loved R/C's so much. I still like R/C's, but I haven't driven one in over a year. I met one guy about 2 years ago that was big into nitros, but I bashed with him just one time.

I would love to get back into the hobby, and I would love for my friend to get an R/C, too. He loves cars, so he'd probably get a Rally VXL if he could. I say "if he could": he could, but he's more into spending his money on his real car than R/C's. I could get a R/C car, too, but I'm more into my race quad...

RC Qualifier
    well been into R/Cs when you had only a mechanical speed control, batteries that lasted 5 min, if that, now I mostly enjoy just puzting around the front a back lawn just enjoying them I have 4 of them just check my sig also a great way to get ride of the wife you a while!
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703
    Ya ought a take possession of the Slash 2x4 and get it running. Ask him about it. chances are hes not going to miss it. That Slash is a GREAT vehicle.
    yes it is. i have one for bashing and now one for racing actually, im building the race one. protrac kit, big bores, outlaw chassis, all that good stuff on a 13.5 sensored motor is what im building it from, the mod class only uses those.
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolman101
    yes it is. i have one for bashing and now one for racing actually, im building the race one. protrac kit, big bores, outlaw chassis, all that good stuff on a 13.5 sensored motor is what im building it from, the mod class only uses those.
    Sounds great! I debated getting a Slayer SC Truck when was in the market for Nitro, obviously by my sig I got a Revo. But those SC trucks are DURABLE. There is a video on the A-Main Hobbies Facebook site of this guy jumping his SC truck off of a ramp and onto the roof of a garage. He only gets it 1/5 times, the others that poor truck crashes to the ground. And it always comes back for more.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    I run a Rustler VXL and what keeps me going is the speed, the turns, stuff flying in the air, racing traffic, fixing and modding parts, and the over all fun of bashing.
    Brushless RiPs Nitro Drips.

RC Qualifier
    The whine of brushless and lipos with wheelies and jumps and awesome wrecks that you laugh at
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Champion
    They are fun to work on and fun to drive. changing things up keeps it plenty interesting.

RC Champion
    I harass Nitro Chicken on a pretty regular basis.

RC Champion
    me i have a local track that races year round.winter indoor racing.spring/summer out door racing. i do not bash anymore due to it tears up the RC'S and not worth it to me. so i race every other saturday.i like the hobby so i been in it since 1986. i have set my R/C'S aside for a while but never dropped out of the hobby. i am a BUYER/SELLER/COLLECTOR.
    trying to get my daughters into the hobby. my wife hasa SC10 she races and a Nitro tc3 for dirt oval....
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER
    I used to have a couple friends to bash with. Then it dropped down to one, and now he rarely drives his truck anymore. He bought a brand new Slash 4x4, and it has only been driven a few times. Kinda sad to see it sit, and his slash 2x4 has been sitting, non-drivable at my house for months. I dont drive as much as i used to now, but im still in the hobby because it gives me something to do when im not at school or with friends.
    It stinks when people quit on you, I got a friend into the hobby last year, he quickly worked his way into owning 3 trucks, we built a very nice dirt track in my backyard, we had well over 50 hours put into into, then out of nowhere, pop, he hasn't driven in a while, we bring with us to a semi-lhs and he would do about 3-4 laps and put everything up and spend the rest of the day watching me. However I called him yesterday and it sounded like his interest might be partly back.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Revoman859

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I have a really good buddy and my Brother-in-law who are both into RC's as much as I am. The biggest problem is that they both live over an hour away from me in opposite directions! I get together with them whenever I can, but it's hard. We keep in touch with the internet and phone and it never fails, both of them have been working on a cool project or had a good bash session recently. When we do get together, we spend the entire time bashing or working on RC's. I also go to the LHS at least once a week, subscribe to three RC magazines, and surf the net forums almost every day. I don't have much around my house as far as high speed bashing goes, but I am really into scale crawlers and I have some great spots close by. If I feel the need for speed, I usually scream up the sidewalk and hit a few portable ramps I have. For me, though, I enjoy working on them as much as anything and I usually wrench in my basement RC workshop almost every day. I also have a few micro scalers and a portable 5' x 7' indoor crawling course, so that makes for some fun.....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Get into racing. Once you do you probably won't get out, for awhile anyways.

If I didn't start racing I'd be out of it by now. But I have gotten pretty well at racing so I'm always looking for the next step. Exploring new classes in racing will keep you interested.
    Don't mess with the Cyber Bully

RC Qualifier
    I keep my interest in rc's by buying new models and mix and match parts to create my own hybrids.

Im always tinkering. Thats what i love the most.
    Traxxas start making dirt bikes! :)

RC Racer
    I have only 1 2x4 Slash...
    I don't have any money to upgrade it...
    I don't have any friends that even WANT to have an RC truck...
    I bash alone...
    and somehow it is just the greatest thing haha.
    I couldn't ever imagine getting bored of bashing my truck.
    the only thing that gets boring is if I can't find any jumps! Usually I carry a shovel, and make my own where I can

It really isnt that bad, the only thing I could wish for is a friend to bash with
    Last edited by username unrelated; 11-16-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    I accidentally my whole truck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vpr5703 View Post
    Ya ought a take possession of the Slash 2x4 and get it running. Ask him about it. chances are hes not going to miss it. That Slash is a GREAT vehicle.

I use to own a Slash, and they sure are great vehicles. But its not something i have money to spend on. There are other things on my priority list, such as truck and snowmachine.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Champion
    I'm a hot rodder at heart and since my back forced me into early retirement[3 crushed lumbar vertebra with permanent nerve damage]I can't work on the full sized stuff as much as I like any more, so when my best friend gave me an old Radio Shack Black Phantom 4x4 I was hooked but good.

Six years later I still have the Black Phantom and 5 or 6 other Radio shack rigs but they are mainly for my friends children to play with now.

Anyways, shortly after I got the Black Phantom, my wife signed up on eBay and that was it for me. First came my black Hawk2 and a Midnight Pumpkin. Then a basket case Hawk. And then a white Hawk2 from razer and it hasn't stopped since.

We now have fourteen assorted hobby grade Rcs,Hawk,Hawk2,Bullet,E-maxx,T-maxx,Clods,etc.... and I must say that I too enjoy working on them as much as running them.

The added bonus for me, is that we live in a very small town[actually a village of less than sixty people] and we own 5 fifty by one hundred foot lots and to top it off, we have a huge empty lot behind our property with all kinds of humps and bumps and a fairly large sinkhole that we have adjusted slightly for some fabulous free style bashing.

My wife has a 3906 E-maxx that is darned near indestructible ,full 3.3 T-maxx conversion,Every part that RPM makes for the T/E-maxx,775 motor,etc... and a fully restored pro .15 T-maxx

My Nine year old daughter has a modified Hawk2

And I have 11 trucks and buggies so I can pretty much take my pick of what ever isn't torn apart for repairs or modifications. Electric and Nitro, I like them both.

And the best part for me,my best friend since high school[nearly forty years] is also my bashing buddy. And believe me when I say we have a total blast every time we get together,racing,jumping ramps or just bashing the living daylights out of our Clods,it is all great fun.

Or if I need some alone time,I'll just hit the field behind our house and go "Tom Meents"' on my Hawk2 or my E-maxx and bash till every battery pack I own is toast. Its better than any vacation I've ever been on and a whole pile cheaper.

Our lovely[brrrrrr!]Canadian winters kinda slow things down but that just gives me time to brew up some new mods or up-grades for next spring.

And more time to spend here reading cool threads like this one. Who could be bored?

Not me!
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER View Post
    I use to own a Slash, and they sure are great vehicles. But its not something i have money to spend on. There are other things on my priority list, such as truck and snowmachine.
    Understood! That day is approaching for my E-Maxx and Revo because my Fiancee and I are planning our wedding next year.
    E-Maxx 3905 BL 2.4GHz
    Revo 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Cool. Lots of good replies. I really appreciate it, guys. Feel free to keep it going. None of my friends are into r/c's. They are all car people. Thanks...
    4x4 VXL Stampede on 3S power

RC Champion
    bashing with friends is great, i have two now, its easy to get a friend in, but hard to keep THEM interested,construction sites are the best bashing because they are never the same and usually change fron one weekend to the next(grading and such),
    i am a minimalist when it comes to hopups, i keep it simple, its cheaper, i work on cadillacs for a living so these trucks are relaxing to play with to me, as long as i can chase the things when they roll over(im 45 yrs old) i will definitely be rc-ing, i have spells i go through, usually no longer than 3 or 4 weeks that i dont bash, but when work is slow in the winter here i take my slayer and revo to work to piddle around with and its gets the fever going again............
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Enthusiast
    How would I order the new stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    once I get that I will be tearin it up again.I work in construction so it deff is the best place to bash around in

RC Racer
    My first r\c cars were the toy r us brand, then a hobby shop opened up and I got a Kyosho big brute but could not drive it because I had no money for a charger and battery but when I did you couldn't pull me away until it got ran over by a 1:1 truck into a million pieces.

Last year about this time my nephews asked me to get them R\c cars or trucks and I did some research. Traxxas and some lower end R\c's were the first ones that came up and right away I was in awe of the E REVO, it looked alien to me and I wanted it. I then looked at the price and got the Rustler vxl first for me. After testing the rustler out I got two brushed stampede's for my nephews. We bash whenever they come over, either outside my condo, beach, or open construction sites.

My Girl got the Erbe for me 20 days later for my birthday and I have not stopped painting lids, fixing my nephew or my broken parts or upgrading something. I still love it and now I have a Summit roller and the 1518 cc motor coming monday, Happy days.
    By the way I am ordering the merv for my girl since she is showing interest but scared of the bigger trucks.
    ERBE
    RUSTY VXL
    Summit 1518
    Merv & Mini Summit

RC Champion
    I jumped into rc's this year when I bought all 3 kids thier pedes. My wife bought my slash 4x4 for my bday and we have another slash 4x4 being paid off along with a rally coming for christmas! Mostly we bash wherever since there is plenty of great terrain all over. My job is stressfull so it's great to take my slash 4x4 and beat the tar out of it. Since I also love photography and videography it was a natural experience to start making rc vids for youtube. Most of my friends don't go out and bash much. Then there is my bashing partner who has completely destroyed his truggy trying to keep up with us. It's great having several trucks around for friends to use. A couple of them are talking about buying thier own or switching from nitro to electric with income taxes. We shall see. My goal is for my wife and I to start racing the slash 4x4's next spring. We are going to have a third slash 4x4 for the kids to race or a friend to race too. What ever it takes to hook them. There is something about going to a skate park and having everyone watch you do your thing. They all ask if it's gas and how much.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!