RC Qualifier

Restoring a John Deere B

Well me and my buddy are working on restoring a 1948 JD Model B and looking for some parts, I need a rocker arm pedistal, a con rod and a crankshaft gear and key way. Anyone know a good place to get parts for these? Il post pics along the way if anyones interested.
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Champion
    I have a late 40's Model M at my cabin that I use for snow removal and parts are getting harder to find. If you don't have a good local shop try Deerely Departed or Yesterday's Tractor Co., I've had good luck with both companies.

http://www.deerelydeparted.com/
    http://www.ytmag.com/store/index.htm
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Qualifier
    Also anyone know where I can find the torque specs for putting the motor back together?
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBoy42 View Post
    Also anyone know where I can find the torque specs for putting the motor back together?
    If you have the manual it should be it there but then it again it might not be
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Qualifier
    No I don't have the manual. we traded it for a old ford 2n and the owner said he had it but couldn't find it. He had the carb, magneto and a bunch of other parts sitting in a plastic crate outside so it filled with water, and all those things need replaced, the carb is completly killed with no hope for it, the mag MIGHT be salvagable.
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Champion
    Don't know if you might have already, But you may want to check THIS out.
    Not sure if its the full manual but looks like he has plenty of info for your B model tractor.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Champion
    You could try calling John Deere headquarters and they should be able to put you in the right direction. I live in the Quad Cities where they are based. They used to connect people with old parts and manuals before they shut down thier vintage display center!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!