RC Racer

are e-revo axles the same as summit?

hi guys i found summit axles for $60 on ebay for 4 then i found some e revo ones for $27 for 4 can i use the e-revo ones on my summit?

RC Champion
    no the revo axles are to long for the locking diff side of the summit, infact alot of the ERBE guys are ugrading to summit axles, thats why they are cheaper.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Qualifier
    the reason the erevo axles are different is cos the summit has a lockable diff. one side is slightly wider then the other and the summit has different length axles cos of this
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    If we are talking about the stock axle then yes the erevo axle will fit DIRECTLY into a summit, extended diff and all.

BUT the summit axlex cvd joint, the part of the axle that screws onto the stem of the diff, is metal whereas the erevo equivalent part is plastic. Secondly the upper portion of the axle shaft itself on the summit is a completecircle, which adds sturdiness, the erevo shaft upper portion is a "U" shape. and with extra torque the prongs of the "U" will bend and break.

So in short ; yes the erevo axles will directly fit, and will work (proven under brushless ERBE) power, but the summit axles are of a stronger design. worth the extra $20
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522
    If we are talking about the stock axle then yes the erevo axle will fit DIRECTLY into a summit, extended diff and all.
    good call, I forgot about the whole telescoping thing but like you said, why down grade to save $20.00?

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    good call, I forgot about the whole telescoping thing but like you said, why down grade to save $20.00?
    I just got a set of 4 Revo/T-/E-Maxx shafts complete with center shafts for $14.95 shipped. NOW is it worth it?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    i think i may go and buy some e revo ones then

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl
    I just got a set of 4 Revo/T-/E-Maxx shafts complete with center shafts for $14.95 shipped. NOW is it worth it?
    I think someone may have qualified for the (ahem) Traxxas associate discount (ahem)
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Champion
    Ahh he paid for the center shafts and they threw the axles in for nothin'

You guys have a VERY inflated notion of discounts.

Try this link, and weep!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110603850984&ssPageNam e=ADME:L:OU:US:1123

RC Champion

Try this link, and weep!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110603850984&ssPageNam e=ADME:L:OU:US:1123
    That is a great deal. But I believe there is a reason they have more than 10 available.

Is it not true the E-Revo shafts don't work well with LT rockers? possibly not enough flex in the u-joint?

Maybe. I bought them for my ERBE, so it's not an issue for me.

RC Racer
    im a bit angry coz i just bought some summit axles and now these show up should i cancel my order and get these?

RC Champion
    nope stick with the Summit ones, they will undoubtedly last longer

RC Qualifier
    yes the summit axles are better But $60 vs $15 shipped

any the economy is still bad . . .
    let me check the balance of my PayPal account
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense

RC Qualifier
    OK I am thoroughly confused. What is the part number for the summits axles, and why do they cost so much? THESE ? Cant you just buy the parts separate?

Sorry, im a summit noob.
    SlashVXL-ERBE-Slash4x4PE-RustlerVXL-1/16SlashSW2

RC Champion
    There is no part number for complete axles, they only come in parts from traxxas.

They are more expensive because they have cv's on both ends instead of u-joints.

For the most part they last pretty good, but if you run with the suspension cranked up to high, they will wear out the cv's(but they don't bind like u-joints would.

The Summit shafts are quite durable if your slipper is adjusted properly and suspension set within reason. the only hop-up axles are the MIP ones but they get really mixed reviews about durability. But I think that info is probably all in the FAQ

RC Racer
    so in the end e revo axles are better for the truck being jacked up but the summit axles are more durable yet the e revo is ment to handle a 6s lipo mamba monster

I think the revo axles would be worse cranked up high. it is hard on cv's with the metal ends the plastic would be twisted and snapped quicker is my guess.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    For the most part they last pretty good, but if you run with the suspension cranked up to high, they will wear out the cv's(but they don't bind like u-joints would.

The Summit shafts are quite durable if your slipper is adjusted properly and suspension set within reason.
    You're referring to putting the rods in different holes other than middle, right? Swapping orange for stock yellow springs in back wouldn't cause more wear, right?

I added front springs to the rear it reduces the throttle squat issue.no extra wear on shafts that i see.seems to help mine with climbing
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I think the revo axles would be worse cranked up high. it is hard on cv's with the metal ends the plastic would be twisted and snapped quicker is my guess.
    Thats what I meant when I said the u-joint equiped E-Revo shafts would bind with the suspensoin cranked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by H2Ohaze
    You're referring to putting the rods in different holes other than middle, right? Swapping orange for stock yellow springs in back wouldn't cause more wear, right?
    By cranking the springs to much and/or combined with putting push rods in innermost holes can cause premature wear on the C/V's.

All you really need to do is want to make sure your Summit suspension is not fully topped out while running. even stock springs in middle holes can be cranked high enough to cause excessive wear and tear, as cool as it is being the tallest truck in the skateboard park, cranked up suspension is also detrimental to crawling.

RC Racer
    dam im gonna see if i can get a refund on ebay of my summit ones to buy the erevo ones

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522

BUT the summit axlex cvd joint, the part of the axle that screws onto the stem of the diff, is metal whereas the erevo equivalent part is plastic. Secondly the upper portion of the axle shaft itself on the summit is a completecircle, which adds sturdiness, the erevo shaft upper portion is a "U" shape. and with extra torque the prongs of the "U" will bend and break.

So in short ; yes the erevo axles will directly fit, and will work (proven under brushless ERBE) power, but the summit axles are of a stronger design. worth the extra $20

so the stock ones are ok, how about the upgraded cvds from the erevo, i was lead to believe these definitely wont fit the summit,
    Part #5451R

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ccessories.htm
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Racer
    no they will not fit as one side is bigger then the other on the traxxas summit and not on the e-revo

RC Racer
    i think for 15$ shipped it cant hurt to try the e revo ones

RC Racer
    hey on that ebay setup that comes with the centers too, it says that the centers only work on E-MAXX, would these work on summit too?

I need front center and 2 axles, so would this work out for me?

RC Racer
    ^^^^
    sorry just went and compared exploded veiws, and for anyone else who needs to know, the centers are the same

RC Racer
    some people are saying that the e revo axles wont hold up to the summits power especially if your running 6s lipo and a mamba monster brushless like myself is this true?

RC Racer
    and they are also saying there to long even with the telescoping

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post

Try this link, and weep!
    Ok this is an awesome deal, if you are wanting Revo or Maxx drive shafts!!!

For the last week I have been monitoring and bidding on ebay for a set of shafts to make Summit hybrid shafts for my E-Revo Bashing Edition(no thanks to the traxxas update, I couldn't find this seller), anyway Revo shafts from most sellers are going for between $16 and $21 for just axles(no centers) plus shipping.

So I just wanted to tell anyone looking for shafts that this is the best deal you are likely to find.

I am fairly certain the reason I couldn't find this is because he doesn't list shipping for Canada, so likely I could not have gotten this deal anyway

P.S. I fully retract my previous statement about them not being popular

RC Racer
    yea the summit shafts are way better. my erbe tore my revo shafts out on its 3rd run, the plastic u joints are rubbish, they twist right out i wouldnt use them if they were free. the summit shafts have been in my erbe now for months and guess what, they are fine. no damage whatsoever. i will buy them every time now unless someone comes up with something better. why anyone would swap from the summit shafts to the erbe ones is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak View Post
    nope stick with the Summit ones, they will undoubtedly last longer

RC Champion
    Summit shafts are pretty strong
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Competitor
    Are the summit shafts better than the mip cvd for the ERBE kit if you compare price to quality?

RC Competitor
    I just ordered 5655 and 5656 sets to replace my worn shafts and torn rubber seals. These are the correct #'s right? They were under $6 per set of 2.

RC Competitor
    At my hobbyshop the summit shafts are all four €100, the MIP's €120 and the constant velocity €80, which one are the strongest, the best buy for bashing?

I've had no problems with Summit shafts on my eRevo and Summit...they have served me well.
    Rock n Rolla !