RC Champion
    http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder_sct.html

With the soon to be released Castle SC 1400 series motor with the Sidewinder controller, I'm wondering 2 things.

1. Will the Traxxas Power Up program have that as an option aside from the MMM/2200 system ?

2. Who is already planning on trying out the new Castle system, regardless of the Power Up program ?

I like how it is hard wired ESC to motor, no connections or plugs to possibly fail. Good price too, and I'm sure Castle has picked this one well, as they have been planning the release for quite some time.

Actually maybe it's not hard wired, I thought I read that from one of the reporters at the iHobby show. I also noticed BigSquid had this comment from Castle ...

.."Sounds like the whole Castle crew is loving their new 65,000 sq ft facility, and Patrick is working on something truly uber for next spring. From the sound of it, the best things come in small packages, and the surface rc guys are gonna be in for a real treat.

Wonder what that means... they already fill every niche I can think of, and for a good price with excellent customer service and warranty. What is left to release that would be considered "Uber" ???? A 12 pole motor ? LOL ... have no idea what that would even mean...

Good write up on RC Monster ! This makes me think the "Uber" thing may be all the motors being 4 pole, and these new much higher temp magnets.

http://rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28343

OK after several pages of reading, I think the answer is the whole CM36 line of motors, will be released in 4 pole version, with higher temp magnets. They will be very high efficiency, can run them much hotter without damage, and using 1515 big motor technology, but stuffing it in the small cans, thus ROAR legal. Sounds like a win win ! Much more torque, runs cooler, new winds plus original winds.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-31-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Traxxas wont be offering this in a power up program. It doesnt come stock in any of their truck and they only offer powerups to other factory stock parts.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    Traxxas wont be offering this in a power up program. It doesnt come stock in any of their truck and they only offer powerups to other factory stock parts.
    I sort of always thought so too, but right on the front of the parts/exploded views manual after the warranty info for my Slash 4x4 it advertises to use the trade up program to trade in the VXL for a CC system, and I don't think any of the Slashes came with anything other than the VXL did they? (For the program they wanted my VXL plus $250, so..... )

I think thats because the MMM system is offered for the ERBE as a power up. I doubt traxxas wants to know what truck your pulling a VXL system FROM to do the power up... so im sure you COULD power up the Pede 4X4 to a CC MMM system... but it wont fit (and it will cost more than you can buy the MMM system for elsewhere, BEFORE you send them your VXL system back)
    My comment was directed toward the new CC short course system that traxxas doesnt offer in any of their trucks.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Well my point is I'm wondering why not offer it ? It's not like it's a secret that the Maxx and the ERevo are using the MMM/2200 from Castle, so it would make sense to offer other options. Give people what they want from the start, and adjust the price to make their profit, and I'm sure both parties would be happy. I for one would probably pay extra to have the new SC system from the factory versus pulling out the VXL and trying to sell it, or trade it Power Up. I'm sure we will see HPI put out these new systems from Castle.... secretly called Flux or Blur or whatever, and painted black. I prefer the way Traxxas just admits they are using a well respected name brand product, just like they used to have Novak ESC for the Emaxx.
    3905 E-MAXX

Keep in mind, this system is a similar KV to the VXL motor but can only handle 2S whereas the VXL can handle 3S... I see no reason to offer this system as an upgrade. But, if they did the 2650 with an MMP ESC would be sweet.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    This 4 pole motor based on reading the articles has way more torque, can safely be run hotter, is more efficient etc. than the current CM36 line, and I think I read Castle saying they will be offering other options like 3s or 4s etc. This motor looks to be the tip of a new iceburg.

http://rc-monster.com/forum/showpost...8&postcount=27

3s likely released with MMP later..
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 11-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    3905 E-MAXX