Thread: Stiffer Springs

RC poster

Stiffer Springs

Is there any talk about making stiffer springs for the rally? The factory suspension is really soft. I will be running the car on a carpet track and i would like to make it stiffer.

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    just go to your local hard where store and look around and bring your shocks and see what you can find
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC poster
    I have tried the 1/16 e-revo springs but they are slightly longer then the factory springs and i have to turn the shock collars all the way up to get a lower ride height.

RC poster
    Has anybody tried different springs on there cars????

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Have you got any pics of the car with Revo springs? The shocks have limiters in them, so a different spring shouldn't have any affect on shock length. Unless the limiter inside the shock is compressing. Some pics of the Revo spring in comparison to the rally spring would be awesome if you can

RC Qualifier
    The e-revo springs are softer than the rally springs, so you're not gaining anything by using them.

I'm not sure what the spring rate is on the hot racing ones for the e-revo are, but they seem stiffer than the factory rally springs. I am using those, now.

These ones. The shortest ones are the stiffest and are the ones that I am using.

Also, it looks like the Summit will give us a few more spring options. They are pretty long, but they are a higher rate for use with the long travel rockers, but they could be used with p2 rockers to stiffen it up. My rally is pretty heavy, so I might be able to get away with it, but I'm afraid that they will be too long for most people.
    Last edited by trx33; 11-01-2010 at 08:35 AM.